International Video Thread

Guest newscentre_australia

On Monday, April 29, 1996, Portuguese TV channel Canal 1 got its current name: RTP1; a new logo, IDs (look very Lambie-Nairn, despite I don't know who've done it) and a music theme used on signposts seen throughout the day.

Promo that aired before the launch (the change took place during primetime)

Compilation of IDs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lik6PswlMlg

Full music theme

• Like 1

Here is a horrible news open from RTE in Ireland from 2003-2007 with all those letters and numbers. You should be glad we here in the USA don't have an open like that and to me it seems more futuristic than Gannett's 2008 broken fax machine:

In case you want to see this atrocious and extremely uninspired news open, go to 0:32.

What does something like T9B868D5 7BR69T8RD5EVCG8B7R9877-BR69B6BR6 even mean to viewers?!

• Like 1

From Argentina: Canal 13's late news headlines from last night.

Their news theme is very upbeat. I like it, but I'm not sure if it fits in a national newscast. What do you think?

From the same channel, today's morning news opener and headlines.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From Australia: ITQ-8 (Mount Isa) signing off the air on a Friday evening back in the mid-1980s, with a voiceover announcing the next day's schedule.

This station broadcast programming for remote areas of Queensland and New South Wales.

• 3 weeks later...

ITN Morning News at 5:00AM 1989

Recorded by yours truly as a primary school kid in London (when I used to sneak downstairs before 5 to catch this... and familiar to one or two of you!) - this was always one of my more stunning clips. Everything about the Morning News was fascinating back in the day - the 5am start, the live updates all night (ITV had just commenced all-night broadcasting), the CNN block, and that theme. And of course the presentation was dope. I was an aviation nut too, so this newscast hit home. To this day, there is still something raw and moving about this clip, their presentation of the first pictures coming in from the United crash, and the tension you can feel from the start to finish.

• Like 1

ATV News at 8 Hong Kong 1989 - incomplete very short clip

Recorded by yours truly. For only the biggest fans of ATV News, this is a very very short clip! As a kid in London, my immediate impression was how incredibly American and 'foreign-looking' this newscast was - the anchors sitting so close, the intriguing style of the anchor woman, that rather futuristic set - it was all so different.

• Like 2

One of my personal general cravings is anything and everything (CBS) Telenoticias...and we've gotten some good material in the last few months.

We got a bunch of continuity material in October (most of it is new, especially the '97 stuff):

In January, an entire 30-minute newscast from the Brazil version appeared:

And also from Brazil, some excerpts from 1998:

Speaking of Brazil, did they love CBS or what here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=7GkGRyjuqP4;t=53

• Like 4

One of my personal general cravings is anything and everything (CBS) Telenoticias...and we've gotten some good material in the last few months.

We got a bunch of continuity material in October (most of it is new, especially the '97 stuff):

In January, an entire 30-minute newscast from the Brazil version appeared:

And also from Brazil, some excerpts from 1998:

Speaking of Brazil, did they love CBS or what here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=7GkGRyjuqP4;t=53

They love CBS but also ABC: SBT's logo is clearly based on ABC's.

• 2 weeks later...

From Argentina: Canal 13's midday newscast, which airs on weekdays from 1pm to 2:30pm.

Here's a montage of this Monday's edition:

[MEDIA=vimeo]260832776[/MEDIA]

I didn't record the closer because this aired on a livestream and the broadcast was interrupted just before the end.

• Like 2

From Argentina: Canal 13's midday newscast, which airs on weekdays from 1pm to 2:30pm.

Here's a montage of this Monday's edition:

[MEDIA=vimeo]260832776[/MEDIA]

Includes:

*Opener, headlines and top story (0:00-4:08)

*Story block #1 (4:09-4:29)

*Teaser #1 (4:30-4:44)

*Story block #2 (4:45-5:24)

*Teaser #2 (5:25-5:47)

*Story block #3 (5:48-7:13)

*Roundtable discussion about one of the stories (7:14-8:13)

*Technology report (8:14-8:40)

*Entertainment block #1 (8:41-9:31)

*Sport block #1 (9:32-9:50)

*Teasers and throw to break #1 (9:51-11:06)

*Story block #4 (11:07-12:35)

*Entertainment block #2 (12:36-12:51)

*Sport block #2 (12:52-13:20)

*Teasers and throw to break #2 (13:21-14:07)

*Story block #5 (14:08-14:53; includes the anchor's anger because of the content of one story)

*Sport block #3 (14:54-15:20)

*Entertainment block #3 (15:21-15:37)

*Teasers and throw to break #3 (15:38-16:45)

*Story block #6 (16:46-17:59)

*National summary (18:00-18:43)

*Sport block #4 (18:44-18:55)

*Entertainment block #4 (18:56-19:10)

*Weather forecast and credits (19:11-19:55)

I didn't record the closer because this aired on a livestream and the broadcast was interrupted just before the end.

Thankfully, I could record the closer of this Wednesday's edition:

[MEDIA=vimeo]261171372[/MEDIA]

As you saw on the previous post, this station airs current hit songs before taking a break and in the closer. This is maybe the only country where some channels do that.

• Like 2