International Video Thread

Guest newscentre_australia

1995. Canal 9 Libertad (Buenos Aires) wrapping up the midday news. The hosts promised to be back at 8PM (something very unusual), because every newscast in the other channels was presented by different anchors.

And the studio is a little bit improved version of WCBS's set by that time.

It looks that Mr. Romay was spending his bucks on good things: the studio was huge and beautiful.

Singapore's SBC news in 1991...

Gabon's RTG1 in 1993...

Tele Koper-Capodistria in 1984... Note the unique and very early bug upper left!

There's Germany's Vox with news and break fillers and some of the most 90s graphics ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=mCJ5t6sbZns;t=358

There are some truly exotic clips on that channel. Highly recommended.

• Like 2

Canal 9 (Buenos Aires). 8PM news open from Thursday, December 1st, 1994. The open is an imitation of CNN Headline News.

Between 1993 and 1995, and between September 1996 until September 1997, they were using a modernized version of their iconic theme.

Canal 13 (Buenos Aires). Station ID and excerpt of the late night news in 1987, read by staff announcer Horacio Galloso.

News theme composed by Eddie Sierra, responsible for creating most of the news music packages for this channel and sister cable channel TN (Todo Noticias).

• 2 weeks later...

It took me an eternity to figure out where I'd heard the musical signature in this open...

It's the Battlestar Galactica theme - or, in this case, a remix of it.

Speaking of remixes, remember that Colombian newscast with We're 4 for the close bump? Turns out that in the late 80s they REMIXED it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=5o6xe8cXB0M;t=1528

• Like 1

Thought I put these series of videos on here because I love Colombian TV news and have been since 2012. As you know, Caracol and RCN are the main broadcast networks in that country and broadcast extensive national newscasts throughout the day and into the weekend.

First off, an open montage of Noticias RCN throughout the years:

Next is the current opens that they use. Just like how WGN had a different cut of news music for its package, RCN used a different color theme for each broadcast except the weekend editions. These opens are from 2014 and they still use them today:

Finally, the news source I prefer watching, Noticias Caracol. This is a open/close montage of Caracol through the years:

BONUS - A close of Noticias Caracol from 2012. This was the year I started watching Colombian TV news:

BONUS - A close of Noticias Caracol with Caracol's programming style/current look afterwards from 2016:

For the record, both air weekend news from 12:30-2:00 and 7:00-8:00pm.

On weekdays however, Caracol airs more. Caracol goes from 5:45-8:30am (compared to 6:00-8:30am on RCN), 12:30-3:15pm (yep, that long while RCN is only 12:30-2:00pm), 7:00-8:00pm and 11:30pm-12:00am (same as RCN).

• Like 2

Thought I put these series of videos on here because I love Colombian TV news and have been since 2012. As you know, Caracol and RCN are the main broadcast networks in that country and broadcast extensive national newscasts throughout the day and into the weekend.

Nice collection..

Let me ask you something..

Is Colombian TV News pushing the Social Media thing like they do in the USA?

Or is the rest of the world doomed also?

Canal 13 in Buenos Aires signing off on Monday, July 18, 1994, at 12:30AM (Argentinian time)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=EcdTsJBNG38;t=0

The station resumed its telecast at noon with a news summary and The Pink Panther Show.

In April of 1994, introduced the current logo, designed in the U.S. by C&G Partners.

Here's an article about when C&G was in charge again of modifying the logo in 2008:

http://www.cgpartnersllc.com/fresh/post/fresh-project-artear/

This is the new look of a local TV station's 8:00PM newscast in the city of Córdoba, Argentina, that premiered on Monday, March 20th, 2017. LV81 Canal 12 is affiliated with Canal 13 (Buenos Aires).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6jZGF7dfr0

The thing that I like the most: the music!

The morning and noon themes are great as well, all composed by Eddie Sierra.

• Like 1

Rede Bandeirantes' national newscast open, from Friday, June 20, 2003. (see from 0:54)

From the same network, but in 2010. One of the best opens I've ever seen in my life.

Unfortunately, it was replaced in 2014 by a simplyfied version.