International Video Thread

Guest newscentre_australia

Not from YouTube but you got to check out Seven Network Australia's federal election graphics:

[MEDIA=instagram]BHWRuR9Boty[/MEDIA]

To me they're so corny they are awesome. I personally like their chopper flying around.

Edit: Here's a YouTube version in HD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eReJ5fbnGYU

Quite Phallic as Grandma would say.

I'm afraid to see 9nine and Ten graphics.

How do you beat "The 7 Tower of Power"?

• 2 weeks later...

Another Gari theme rework turns up in Eastern Europe...this time it's from Slovakia: TV Markiza's Televízne Noviny, pretty definitely based on First News. This was their original look and sound from launch on August 31, 1996, and it appears to have been replaced later in the year...however, the musical signature is still used to this day, complete with Gari-esque instrumentation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Telefe (channel 11 in Buenos Aires) - 7PM news from April 18th, 2005.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqZIQAdz-nI

All the graphics were made on the network's specialized department. The newscast's music was unbeatable. In use since August of 2002, was replaced in 2013 with a horrendous theme.

At 3:32 it's the powerful headline bed; then, at 54:19 you'll find a beautiful closing cut.

New graphics for the international service of the RTP, the Portuguese public broadcaster, which premiered this afternoon (15:00 EDT, 20:00 UTC).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ga3-2VftU4

They adapted the logo and clock to the versions only seen in that country, but the news opens remained the same. To be sincere, I don't like this kind of "flat design" being used everywhere. I prefer more elaborated graphics.

• Like 1

Some old news opens from Uruguay:

Telenoche - Canal 4 Montevideo (1994)

Telenoche - Canal 4 Montevideo (1999)

Telenoche - Canal 4 Montevideo (2000)

Telenoche - Canal 4 Montevideo (2005)

Subrayado - Canal 10 Montevideo (2012)

Telemundo - Canal 12 Montevideo (1995)

Telemundo - Canal 12 Montevideo (1996)

• 2 weeks later...

And that's the way Canal 13 in Buenos Aires closed the 8:00PM news in 1996. Very easy: one of the anchors reads the next day's forecast and both say goodbye. Then, meteorology was a minor, but an important thing, and the few forecasters that appeared on TV were from the National Meteorological Service (SMN) in particular occasions. And also, it's interesting to say that the anchors you're seeing here were a couple (by the time wasn't very common). Mónica and César were the faces of Telenoche for 13 continous years. I always considered them as the "Chet and Nat" of Buenos Aires. The difference: both are alive, together since 1978 and married since 2003.

I almost forget the news theme: it was originally created in 1992 by singer and composer Eddie Sierra and updated many times until being taken off the air in 2015 when the program was completely revamped. A great loss.

TV3 New Zealand "Come Home to the Feeling" promo, 1989. That animation at the end has more than a hint of NBC (or, given the region, the Australian Seven Network):

That just smells like the same folks who did NBC's "Come Home to NBC" - even snuck in the words "Come Home to the Best" in the lyrics...

J

• 3 weeks later...

Telefe's news updates with brief stories, and teasers of what was coming up at 7:00pm that night. (April 18, 1996)

These updates aired every hour, beginning at 2pm until 6pm, and resuming later at 9pm until 11pm.

By that time, the channel signed on at 11:00am and closed down at midnight, and there where American shows in its prime-time lineup, such as E.R., The X Files or The Simpsons, for example.

The ident seen after the last video was when the CGI was in its early stages in the country, but thankfully, they

improved a lot.

• Like 4