International Video Thread

Guest newscentre_australia

That's not politics. Check the history books is more like it.

From the U.S. State Department website: "In November 2004, the United States recognized the country under its constitutional name: the Republic of Macedonia."

Now please stop dragging the thread off-topic with your personal political agenda.

• Like 1

From the U.S. State Department website: "In November 2004, the United States recognized the country under its constitutional name: the Republic of Macedonia."

Now please stop dragging the thread off-topic with your personal political agenda.

My previous post was not challenging the name (as you are correct that that is the name which the U.S. recognizes it under) but rather saying that this is not political.

Nonetheless, what is this topic really about? There is no clear indication in the first post. Seems like a lists thread except it has videos, just like the Australian TV News thread. I wouldn't doubt if there were some copyright violations on this thread as well as that one.

My previous post was not challenging the name (as you are correct that that is the name which the U.S. recognizes it under) but rather saying that this is not political.

Fair enough.

Nonetheless, what is this topic really about? There is no clear indication in the first post. Seems like a lists thread except it has videos, just like the Australian TV News thread. I wouldn't doubt if there were some copyright violations on this thread as well as that one.

Well, it's essentially an international equivalent of the U.S.- focused "Classic Video" and "Video" threads. As for the copyright: Almost all the videos posted here are from YouTube, so if there are any copyright issues, that's really a matter between YouTube and each copyright holder. This thread doesn't host any videos -- it just links to them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Today, I'll bring you some news opens from Argentina. Most of it is from the nineties and 2000s. It was during those decades when CGI invaded the screens, and began to improve faster than ever. Before 1990, the 3D didn't exist and the networks did all they could.

Channel 13. Nightly news. 1992.

Channel 13. Nightly news. 1994.

1995 update:

Channel 13. Nightly news. 1996. (begins at 6:51)

Channel 13: Nightly news. 1998

Channel 13. Nightly news. 2001

Channel 13. Nightly news. 2004

Telefe. Evening news. 1995.

Telefe. Evening news. 1997.

Telefe. Midday news. 2000.

Telefe. Midday news. 2002. Premiered in march of that year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ2P8sXUtRg

Telefe. Evening news. 2002. Premiered in august.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlkVin3dOcA

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

I found the debut of LCI: La Chaine Info, the first 24/7 news channel in France, from June 24th, 1994

As well as the debut of the second 24/7 news channel in France... i-Tele, back on November 4th, 1999

And finally, the debut of, currently, France's leading 24/7 news channel... BFM-TV from November 28th, 2005

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This was too interesting to pass up. I just randomly managed to stumble over to this newscast from Murr Television (MTV Lebanon), and found the theme to be rather interesting. It sounds like it's a variation on Gari's Where It All Happens, of all things...with a custom signature too. Take a listen:

• Like 2

Global News in Canada has tweaked its news graphics this week. The biggest change, however, is the newscast names are out. No more Morning News/News Hour Final etc. It's now "Global News at (time)". The morning shows are now called "Global News Morning", except in Toronto where it is still called "The Morning Show". Global stations with hour-long newscasts at 6 PM have the long-winded "Global News Hour at 6" title.

And just for comparison, the old news openers...

I have come across a couple of CFCN videos that feature the Frank Gari "Seven's On Your Side" theme package.

First, let's go to 1990 where CFCN airs a newsbrief with Darrel Janz, a longtime CFCN news anchor. CFCN's newsbreak open features a cut from the package and was used to open KTTV's newscasts during this period.

From 1986, CFCN aired a Lethbridge promo utilizing a promo cut from the Gari package. It is unknown who did the vocals for the song, but it may have been a local singer from the area.

Not only did CFCN use a Frank Gari theme, CFAC (now CICT) used a Gari theme also. They used "Hello News" and in this clip from 1980, the station used a cut to open an update on the U. S. presidential election.

While on the subject of international YouTube findings, here is another finding worthy to be shared. We take you back to November 1985 where CKY-TV, the CTV affiliate in Winnipeg, opens a "CKY News-Line" update. At the time, the station used "Hello News" by Frank Gari and is heard in the open at the beginning of the video.

Let me add another video to share. This comes from CBET-TV in Windsor, Ontario where they bring to you "Newsfinal" for April 7th, 1984. The video also contains the final moments of a "National Update" broadcast with Knowlton Nash.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is it the CBS mid-80s Pacific Data Images graphics? Or a Colombian newscast from 1988? Well, it's the latter with music from the former!

The channel that comes from has a bunch of other news material that is certainly of interest. There's a behind the scenes video from another newscast in 1985:

It's worth noting a couple of things about the account. It's the account of the Presidential Library of Andrés Pastrana Arango, who was the president of Colombia in the mid-late 90s but who had previously run for mayor of Bogotá and founded the newscast shown in the second clip.

You've seen at least one example of the Noticiero TV Hoy, if only because it used The News Image:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh, the sweet sounds of Tuesday16... Wait, then why am I here? Because, of course, a Peruvian newscast used the theme along with some bump cut!

By 1986, the potpourri of news themes had added the CBS News Ticker:

While looking for that video (it appeared in a new Albarrán montage) I also found a station ID for Unitel (channel 27) in 1983 with some familiar music... (That's WMAZ 1984) Unitel operated in its early years as an ON TV-style subscription service and was forced to end that era after a few years because of business woes, the persistent inflation that Perú experienced at that point, not to mention a lawsuit from 20th Century Fox.

• Like 1

Not from YouTube but you got to check out Seven Network Australia's federal election graphics:

[MEDIA=instagram]BHWRuR9Boty[/MEDIA]

To me they're so corny they are awesome. I personally like their chopper flying around.

Edit: Here's a YouTube version in HD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eReJ5fbnGYU