Weather names

rjdickens

Keep in mind, we can't afford real meteorologists...in fact, one of our weather people is better known here as a comedian who dresses in drag (check You Tube for "Brownback Girl" and "Coal Lovin' Governor").

I can't speak for everyone, but I hate all these names for weather departments. One of the most reknowned weather departments where I live (Chicago) at WGN gets along just fine without a name for its weather department, through they did recently acquire a partnership with WeatherBug.

Or should we just keep "Storm Predator Weather"? :)

Storm Predator sounds a little pretentious for an oganization with such limited resources.

I like the "clear weather" idea. Keep it simple.

You should not keep the name "Strom Predator Weather." Fox 59 just changed themselves to "FOX 59 Weather Authority."

So maybe Weather Authority. How about SkyTrack?

I like "SkyTrack Weather" or "Skytracker Weather". Not having a name for weather also works, or using your station name (e.g. FOX12 Weather) could work.

I wouldn't recommend keeping "Storm Predator Weather", but that's just me. Good luck!

Maybe the "ION Wichita" branding could be slowly phased in.

Perhaps, for the first month or so, this could be used:

f_kctum_f667f5e.png

I like that take on the station brand.

As for branding the station's weather unit...that may also work there., i.e., "ION Wichita Weather."

Archived