Lane will not be back on CBS3 until AFTER the her April court date?

TVNewsAnalyzer

I read that and slammed my head into the desk.

Of all the moves they could make, this is the worst possible one. You either cut ties or stand by her. Period. I know it's messy, I know it's complicated, but I really don't see why KYW has to be so noncommittal about it. There's gonna be damage any way you slice it - but it's really FAR worse to drag this on for four months, including a sweeps period, and having the sword of Damocles dangling over everyone working there.

KYW needs to make a decision. If they're gonna fire her, then they should fire her. If they're gonna keep her, then they should keep her. They can't have it both ways. Three weeks is more than enough time to decide this. Not four months.

While I see your point, HulkieD, I have to say that I don't think being or not being committal about it is the real issue.

Lane is still under contract. They cannot dismiss her prior to any conviction without being bound to that contract -- such a dismissal would require them to pay out the remainder of her contractual salary. Yes, she's on paid leave and they're paying her for doing nothing just the same, but waiting to dismiss has two benefits: (1) should she ultimately not be convicted, they can always bring her back under her present contract as something less than an anchor and let her work out her remaining time and (2) should she be convicted, she'll probably have voided her contract per some sort of public behavior clause which requires a conviction to be enforced.

It makes total sense to wait.

Like her or not, keeping her off the air until after the trial would be unfair. What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Now, KYW is allegedly assuming she's guilty until proven innocent. It's a big part of the principles of the country we live in, in addition to the belief in free speech that allows KYW to operate.

She's good as gone! Sure she might be on contract, but she might as well sit it out and be sacked for good. I damn well know, I would fire her. Hell, they're should have been a clause for disciplinary action for unprofessional conduct especially if it is something as pathetic as Alycia.

FIRE THE BEOTCH!

She's good as gone! Sure she might be on contract, but she might as well sit it out and be sacked for good. I damn well know, I would fire her. Hell, they're should have been a clause for disciplinary action for unprofessional conduct especially if it is something as pathetic as Alycia.

FIRE THE BEOTCH!

Fire her and then watch your ratings sink? As whorish as she can be, she should be working at least 6PM, that's why KYW hired her for and she HAS helped CBS 3 go up in ratings. People aren't watching Eyewitness News because Larry Mendte is there. Especially men are watching her. So I wouldn't be asking for her head -yet. But it is difficult for CBS 3 to keep her as anchor as everybody now knows what she said to the police officer, and guess what, she'll be pointed at every city she visits.

FIRE THE BEOTCH!

I wish it was me you wanted to Fire before the court date, I would be sitting pretty for a very long time after I sued you.

• 5 weeks later...

I heard the lawsuit against her was dropped, so thins could get quite interesting. Since Susan Barnett is anchoring for February sweeps, Alycia won't be back this fast. I just want to put this in the past and move on.

A little research would reveal:

a) There is no lawsuit. There are criminal charges, however, that are still pending.

B) KYW 'released' Alycia from her contract about a month ago.

I heard the lawsuit against her was dropped, so thins could get quite interesting. Since Susan Barnett is anchoring for February sweeps, Alycia won't be back this fast. I just want to put this in the past and move on.

A little research would reveal:

a) There is no lawsuit. There are criminal charges, however, that are still pending.

:ack: KYW 'released' Alycia from her contract about a month ago.

And a little research would have helped you too.

There was a lawsuit by some guy in prison that seems to sue all kinds of people and that was dropped.

The civil complaint (dismissed nearly a month ago) was not mentioned anywhere in the previous posts. This thread is about her criminal troubles.

And a little research would have helped you too.

There was a lawsuit by some guy in prison that seems to sue all kinds of people and that was dropped.

Archived