Ex-Stephen Arnold customers: What do you want them to use?

jdcnow

Those stations that are dropping Stephen Arnold, because of the licencing price crisis, What would you like to see them get? This is not what rumor and speculation say that a station is now picking or is thinking about picking. If the station put you in charge of picking the music, after dropping Stephen Arnold, what theme would you pick out?

Belo Stations: I'd like them to use 615's Interceptor (simply because I think it's the best package 615 has ever put out).

For WFAA and KHOU, I would do Interceptor with The Spirit signature, which 615 could easily weave into the music that already there.

Since WWL has always used more subtle toned-down music, that is not so in-you-face, I'd pick for them the softer cuts of Seize The Day (615)

Your thoughts, please.

Thanks ;D

Also, forgot to mention:

KTVT - I would pick The CBS Enforcer. Probably Classic Version v1 (the original) for 4pm, 5pm, and 6pm. Would use the New Generation heavy metal cut (thank you WBBM and WTOL) for 10pm, and some thing light for in the morning.

KTXA - don't know. I would hate to change the music of a newscast that just got off the ground a few months ago, and is doing quite well for itself. I would probably use News In Focus, since KTVT would use The Enforcer.

WHBF- They are using some Production music, I hope for them to get Eyewitness News, and News Series 2000 Plus, which supposedly there going to get.

I think that they would choose one or the other, unless they get more newscasts. I say this because.. WOI uses both, but they use certain ones for the Morning, Noon, 5, 6, and 10.... and WHBF only has a 5 and a 10... So.. I would think that they would only buy one of the themes

WFAA - Belo Corporation commission a new stations group theme, which I'm not exactly sure if they plan on doing or not.

If they're to use a Gari theme, they'd more than likely be forced to use "Eyewitness News".

Eyewitness News on WFAA? HUH?! ??? ;)

You can't really be SERIOUS, can you?

Coming from someone who likes and is a huge fan of Gari's Eyewitness News package: It will NEVER work on WFAA. No way, no how, no chance. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200. It just won't work.

For starters, how would they work the Spirit of Texas signature in? WFAA is (hopefully) smart enough not to ditch the Spirit signature/musical logo all together. Having lived in North Texas all my life, and having been a Channel 8 viewer for a number of years, I can say: If you think the stink Philadelphia viewers raised when WPVI tried to change their music was bad, ho ho ho! The Spirit of Texas musical logo has WAY too much history in this market for WFAA to ditch it.

WTNH/WCTX - i think any news music package from 615 Music would work its about time CT had a 615 Music client.

WJW - The X Package by Frank Gari. At first I thought only Fox affiliates (let alone Fox O&Os) use this package, but then I listened to KFVE's music (they are a CW affiliate!). Ditch the Fox drums and the news package would sound less Fox-y.

All X-Packages, X2-Packages have an alternate theme, which is the FOX drumroll. The main package (Generic Version) dosnt include drums, it is a generic version with just the main signature. But I can agree, some stations could use this package, only if they get the right graphics, and slogan. But I think Garis main purpose for this package was geared towards FOX stations.

Re 615 themes on WTNH/WCTX:

Do you think any of the following would work on either station (these are just my suggestions): AWYT/Battery, Newswire, Total Coverage, Unexpected?

Out of those, I think Newswire could work here. the theme lost its New England presence when WLVI ended production of its own newscasts late last year; maybe WTNH would be the one to pick it up. Also, the Newswire sig fits "NewsChannel 8." Going outside the four named, a new theme for 'TNH may be the way to go.

Any other takes on 615 in Connecticut?

Re 615 themes on WTNH/WCTX:

Do you think any of the following would work on either station (these are just my suggestions): AWYT/Battery, Newswire, Total Coverage, Unexpected?

Out of those, I think Newswire could work here. the theme lost its New England presence when WLVI ended production of its own newscasts late last year; maybe WTNH would be the one to pick it up. Also, the Newswire sig fits "NewsChannel 8." Going outside the four named, a new theme with 'TNH may be the way to go.

Any other takes on 615 in Connecticut?

I'd hope they stay away from Total Coverage. It's just depressing.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived