New Graphics for WCSC

sctvhound

WCSC today added new graphics, as they are completely different from the ones that they had before. They use the boring Enforcer with the CBS signature. ??? They also have a new voice guy, I believe Dude Walker.

There are huge new plasma screens behind the anchors, and everything, even their weather graphics, has been changed right before our eyes, as during the morning news, they were on their old graphics package, and at noon, they had a very good looking package. It is very close to WBTV's package, almost exactly the same, because they are both owned by Lincoln Financial (for now).

There are some videos of the package on http://www.live5news.com/

Wow - that sure is interesting fancy bizarre interesting.

;)

Interesting wasn't my first reaction, (more like WTF) but Interesting sound way better.

Yeah - there really are no words that could adequately express how those graphics make me feel...

Wow - that sure is interesting fancy bizarre interesting.

:)

Interesting wasn't my first reaction, (more like WTF) but Interesting sound way better.

Yeah - there really are no words that could adequately express how those graphics make me feel...

I think your username pretty much sums it up.

• 2 weeks later...

The song is boring, but they still use their former package, U-Phonix, for their primetime newscast at 7pm, which has the exact same graphics as WBTV, down to the same font and the same slogan (The 7 O'Clock Solution). This is an example of their 7 pm graphics.

CSC had the same background of a clear day downtown for six or seven years, until they got a new set in 2004.

It is better than the other two stations in town. WCIV has better graphics, as you can see on their YouTube video:

Their weather graphics are bad, they just use computer fonts and type temperatures in on their maps.

They are better than what they used to be, as they used to switch graphics and fonts every year, and until 2004, they had a living room set, which was a disaster, as they got very low ratings with it, and they are still third in town.

Here is an example of this set from 2002, if you watch the first 0:20, the rest is a tribute to their longtime weatherman Mark McKinney, who has now gone to WCBD as the weekend guy. At the end of the video, you see Erin Coakley, who is now the weekend morning meteorologist at channel 4 in Miami.

• 7 months later...

Archived