Mystery Voiceover...

capsgm2002

Well, after much frustration with IE, cookies, and the new forums, I'm finally back thanks to Firefox. Happy Holidays to all of you out there and much kudos to Dylan and Matt for a much-improved forum.

What brings me back here is that I'm wondering what the name of this voiceover guy is. Many of you have heard him in 1980's news opens, with a slow, but effective delivery. He did v/o's for WJXT for many years, and has been heard on WPLG, WTSP, WFSB, KMOL, and most recently on WFTS. I remember on the old message board that someone said he heard him doing a car commercial, but a name never surfaced.

Here's an example of his work... http://tinyurl.com/yy9ytr

I remember on the old message board that someone said he heard him doing a car commercial, but a name never surfaced.

Yep, That's me who has been searching for this guys name for years now and I hear him do voiceover work in car commericals on tv and radio across Florida for the AutoNation chain of dealerships which are AutoWay (Tampa), Courtesy (Orlando), and Maroone (South Florida) and the TV commercials all feature NFL Hall of Famer Dan Marino. AutoNation also has dealerships in other states under names like Champion, Desert, Appleway, Go (formerly owned by John Elway). Since you've reopened the discussion, I'll reopen the case on the search for who this great voiceover is.

Archived