KKyuubi

I've said it before, I'll say it again:

RRR EEEEE N N DDD EEEEE RRRR OOO N N

R R E N N N D D E R R O O NN N

RRR EEE N N N D D EEEE RRRR O O N N N

R R E N NN D D E R R O O N NN

R R EEEEE N N DDD EEEEE R R OOO N N

RenderOn! That's what they need.

Speaking as a loyal viewer of Fox News: Why oh why oh why doesn't someone teach them how properly display information on a screen.

Take a note from CNBC Business News, for example (CNBC's 2003 graphics package):

cnbc.jpg

cnbc.jpg

CSA_CJ_Speaking8.jpg

This package CNBC had before they changed in late 2005 to a terrible 3D graphics package (not Renderon, I don't think) that had so many bells and whistles to it that CNBC actually had massive complaints from viewers about it.

But anywho, Fox started out good, revamping all of their show open in 3D (Special Report w/Brit Hume, O'Reilly Factor, Fox Report, Your World, Fox Online, Live Desk w/Martha Mc Callum, etc.) It's a shame that they really need to be retaught how to do L3s.

This package CNBC had before they changed in late 2005 to a terrible 3D graphics package (not Renderon, I don't think) that had so many bells and whistles to it that CNBC actually had massive complaints from viewers about it.

Would you be shocked if I were to say that THEY WERE PYBURNS AND THEY COST 2 MILLION DOLLARS?

Would you be shocked if I were to say that THEY WERE PYBURNS AND THEY COST 2 MILLION DOLLARS?

I'm not surprised that they were Pyburns,

given due fact that WNBC's 2003-present graphics pack

Tutu_WNBC_1.jpg

is actually a modified hand-me-down version of CNBC's 2001 graphics pack.

CNBC-ORB-1.jpg

• 3 months later...

They also have a new sat phone live bug they unveiled yesterday for the reporter live in the Bahamas.

They've been using those time to time on various occasions and various shots.

They are also using new ''photo + name'' cards for persons (don't know how they call it). Looks pretty ugly :-[ The Channel's graphics have a little depression... IMO

Yeah, almost seems like kind of a pseudo-3d cube-ish thing from one point of view, but I notice it's very very simular to some of the full-screen title graphics used on Fox News Sunday. If anything, the network's push to reinvent itself once again (I think Ailes said they were trying to improve on an already good thing), and so far it's met with questionable problems but successful elements.

The problems? Evening programs have shifted even more towards tabloid and garbage stories, not even following the old politically biased stuff they did for years. Also, the graphics for the network have gone down hill, especially with the L3's, Photo+name screen, Fox News Live, The Big Story, and the program ads during broadcasts.

The successes? "America's Newsroom" is definitely a good change for the morning, bringing fresh blood and a faster format into the morning grind of the slower paced "Fox News Live". The graphics on the network have also seen improvements, including "America's Newsroom" being very original, "Your World" getting a nice refresh, and smaller elements being improved vs. the past (On the Phone, Alerts).

In all, hopefully the network can find it's way with graphics again, because if anything, the current era of graphics honestly look like garbage from the past and don't even compare to even the feet of the 05-Summer 06 graphics set.

''Political biased stuff''? ;)

They've also still not adjusted some older L3's to the now lowered FNC logo. In the future they should just redesign all the L3's at once... and then put it on screen, instead of doing experiments on the screen (which they did with the recent L3 in the beginning).

(Belongs to other topic but...) The set's, especially studio B is looking horrible... those plate's on those wall's, which are normally replaced every 6 months, now are getting worse. I mean red/orange and green isn't a combination! >;) Also they've replaced some aluminum parts of studio B by wooden :-\

Hope that in Election Year 2008, FOX News Channel overall looks just as good as it did in Election Year 2004...

What do you mean by "plates" on those walls? If anything, B is showing some age and might just need a large scale renovation, if not just a touch of improvement to all the colorful elements and a good large video wall, not just the little dinky thing they have right now that they rarely use anymore.

*Also, they refreshed Fox & Friends again today, and let me tell you, it's a meh refresh bringing in some sort of classic signage style thing. Really though, I am disapointed they would think the show needed a refresh, the old look was great and clean, not this new kind of slapped together thing they appear to be using

What do you mean by "plates" on those walls?

*Also, they refreshed Fox & Friends again today, and let me tell you, it's a meh refresh bringing in some sort of classic signage style thing. Really though, I am disapointed they would think the show needed a refresh, the old look was great and clean, not this new kind of slapped together thing they appear to be using

Yeah, I noticed those new graphics of F&F, they look great! The L3 looks fresh... and the idea to put a banner on that L3 with the subject. By plates I mean this: (it's a older picture of studio B... this one looked nice, though)

Interesting, you have to replace those on a regular basis? Do they just fade, or is there something more there? The only thing I really know is that it's common to have to replace flat-panel plasmas seen on many of the networks, CNN Headline News had some horrible burn-ins on their screens before their recent set renovation. Ultimately, I just thing FNC needs to make some major renovations into Studio A and B, A needing to optimize the use of it's space and getting rid of the "cozy" morning format and possibly replacing it with a more newsy feel. It's just too small!

Yep, you're right... A, B do need an update.

Thought you would say that. If anything, when Hemmer and Kelly were in Washington D.C. for one of the broadcasts of "America's Newsroom", it looked like they actually had a decent studio around them (they were in front of the window with the capital behind them), instead of the Studio A cave. The network just needs to lighten everything up a bit, it's just a little too dark for my tastes, though I don't know how else the FOX Report would look any good.

Yep, you're right... A, B do need an update.

Thought you would say that. If anything, when Hemmer and Kelly were in Washington D.C. for one of the broadcasts of "America's Newsroom", it looked like they actually had a decent studio around them (they were in front of the window with the capital behind them), instead of the Studio A cave. The network just needs to lighten everything up a bit, it's just a little too dark for my tastes, though I don't know how else the FOX Report would look any good.

I liked the older generation of set's, where in wood was mostly used.

Now the question is, what direction is FNC going to go next. Like I said before, Studio B is showing it's age rather severely in some camera angles, the floating island seemingly excessively beat up, the blur on some of the LCDs looking kind of old, and the windows around the studio looking scratched up more than if you put a cat in rage next to your face.

Also, it's kind of interesting the changes in the intro to the Fox Report weekdays, using a 3-d effect to present the story titles during the intro, additionally with different styles of music depending on the story. Makes you wonder, is something more to come, though they have changed the music for quite a while.

Humm, looks like FNC is changing out some graphics again this morning, the logo has been changed (time parts are now blue, top seems newer) and the LIVE logo for the network now just had a small block below it with a flag, not the full corner thing from before.

fncupdate0412.jpg

I wonder how long before people complain to return the flag ;D? They did this before and around 10 AM PT (4 hours after it first appeared), they apparently had a flag back on the network, but personally, I like the new look.

*The new logo seems kind of problematic to me, the "Alert", "Developing", etc labels don't seem to fit on the screen right anymore on America's Newsroom

I wonder how long before people complain to return the flag ;D? They did this before and around 10 AM PT (4 hours after it first appeared), they apparently had a flag back on the network, but personally, I like the new look.

What do you mean with

They did this before and around 10 AM PT (4 hours after it first appeared)

If you remember the first day of the ungodly tabs, they added a "Live"/"FOX" bug above the logo, then moved back to the corner, that didn't have a flag waving in it's background. Over on ICN, which seems like a meeting spot for FNCers, they cried out to return the flag because we have to be patriotic and what not, just like they did this time, but atleast FOX actually stayed their ground and is staying away from returning the full sized flag again. Honestly, the current LIVE logo needs some work, but in all respects, the flag waving is nothing more than a polarizing graphic at this point, and helps those who label the entire network Republican, which I partly do myself.

If wat I heard it correct, that flag was put there following 9/11. So if thats true, it wont b long until ppl complain to bring it back. Though please note, I'm not positive about that. Maybe if someone has some pre 9/11 screen shots we can see when the flag came around.

Anyone else think the "FOX" in the new live bug looks a little fatter and squished?

Yeah, it does look a little odd, but that's how the logo in the last version of the LIVE graphic looked (January through April 12). Personally, if we must have the flag waving all the time, the only good version was the one between September and Late December.

Honestly, I think the newer LIVE fonts have been great, the old ones looked too flat honestly, the 3-dness and cripness of the newest ones has definitely been a nice change. If anything, we don't need live to be HUGE and covering the whole screen like some of the old graphics did.

The new graphics are rather interesting, almost seem to have a little bit of the '04 style in some of the pictures I've seen of the old version. The banner titles appear to have a purple background with bright outlines surrounding, then the text seems to have a red and blue background with a black overall background, featuring some small lines that have some animation to them.

Archived