Weather Channel Unveils Updated IntelliStar?

Vlad

Although I haven't watched The Weather Channel in ages, but it seems that they've updated their IntelliStar Local Forecast System. I guess since they are now in High Definition, they have done so. The graphics look modified a bit so that it can be viewed on an HD screen. The Local Forecast Graphics are slightly updated and there are some pretty cool sounds that play like if they announcer says it'll rain you'll hear a rain sound.

[yt=425,350]MAVDWlK75K8[/yt]

I'm certainly not a WxChannel expert, but...

It's been "IntelliStar" since 2004, IIRC. They're in the process of upgrading it to 1080i, and from what I've heard/read, they're going to be testing parts of it this year with full implementation in 2008.

So, there you go.

I'm certainly not a WxChannel expert, but...

It's been "IntelliStar" since 2004, IIRC. They're in the process of upgrading it to 1080i, and from what I've heard/read, they're going to be testing parts of it this year with full implementation in 2008.

So, there you go.

Oh its IntelliStar, thats right, I forget these things, lol. Been ages since I watched the channel, but anyway right now I heard that DIRECTV will have the first dibbs on that channel and then the other providers will be offered the channel as well.

Archived