The HD News Thread

Ntropolis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WIS in Columbia, SC went HD yesterday at noon. (10-4-10)

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13448149

I'm curious what they mean by "area's first local news produced entirely in high-definition (HDTV)" - ABC 25 (WOLO) is in HD, and one of their producers told me they've been using HD field equip since February.

Wilkes-Barre Scranton Market.

WNEP--WNEP ABC 16 in Scranton,Wilkes-Barre maybe going HD.. Someone posted a preview of what looked to be the ''new set'' on the Tube, but i was taken down within hours..

WBRE NBC 28--Still produces news in 4x3 format..No mention of any of 16:9 or even HD..

We are one the biggest markets (54) that still noone, has transitioned over to Full High Def.

@semistatic: WOLO's news originates from WCCB-Charlotte (co-owned) IIRC.

Actually, they USED to originate there. I don't think they were in Charlotte for very long - they moved back to Columbia a few years ago (Wikipedia says 5 years ago). They have a street level studio in downtown Columbia, and they intro the newscasts "Live from Main & Gervais"

http://abccolumbia.com/our-station

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

KKCO in Grand Junction is in HD - not sure when exactly they made the switch, but it's been a couple weeks. So now all stations in CO are in HD except for KXRM in Colorado Springs!

I'll see if I can go get some video next weekend

Will the master list be updated as there have been many additions since mid-September?

I don't even know how useful it is any more. It's getting to the point that HD news is becoming more common than it was a couple years ago. Stations are launching HD and widescreen news left and right... it's hard to keep track of.

Are they getting a new set?

Yes, I have posted some pics of the set under construction on the Sets and Studios portion of the site. I will post final set pictures tomorrow.

Coming soon ... WPMT FOX43 to become the first tv news station in market #39, harrisburg, pa to go hd news. Looks like they want to steal WGAL's thunder ...

Here is some pics of the new set they r constructing. Looking for a January launch.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=584153&id=168535165281

-- Matt

Per WNEP:

A crew of thousands (more or less) working on it! Very exciting! It should happen early next year. I don't think we have an exact date yet...Stay tuned...

WNEP will be launching HD News in a few weeks...Along with the new HD changeover, WNEP will finally be getting new graphics and brand new set..I wonder if theyll thrash the MCTYW theme? look for this switch to take place in late January 2011...B)

WHIO-TV in Dayton, OH is finally broadcasting in HD after many years of broadcasting in Widescreen format. They recently moved into a new TV studio just outside of downtown Dayton where Cox Media houses its newspaper and online media content.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived