The HD News Thread

Ntropolis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WKEF/WRGT has finally implemented HD newscast. The last news club in Dayton to do so.

Sister station WTVC in Chattanooga should be going HD any day now. From the pictures posted on their facebook page, their new set is virtually identical to the one introduced in Dayton.

This is also one of the first newly acquired stations (from Freedom) to undergo upgrades under Sinclair's watch. Most of the other newly acquired stations underwent changes prior to the sale to Sinclair, so any more changes are unlikely for several years.

In the fallout of the KARK/KLRT merger, one of the commenters posted on the Arkansas TV News Blog that KLRT's old set would be sent to Memphis' WPTY....

This could be the beginning of the desperately needed overhaul of WPTY.

While this info should be taken with a grain of salt, it seems entirely possible. Dismantle the soon-to-be unused set, and HD production equipment from one station and give

it to a sister station (even after the Newport breakup) that desperately needs it...

Stay tuned...

Hmmm, sending "hand-me-downs" to another station. Although I think it sounds awfully stupid, but this could be a good thing for the branding blandish WPTY/WLMT.

The current KLRT set is less than two years old, so it would make cost-effective sense for Nexstar to reuse it at one of its other stations than let it go to waste (as opposed to building a new in-house set from scratch).

Yeah, not that I trust anonymous postings at the AR TV Blog, but that's not a horrible idea. I would certainly prefer something fresh for WPTY/WLMT but I do like KLRT's set, it is still pretty fresh and new, and goodness knows even if it's "hand-me-downs" it would be a massive improvement for the Memphis duopoly. Plus the obvious cost-effective reasons. I can go with that.

• 3 weeks later...
In the fallout of the KARK/KLRT merger, one of the commenters posted on the Arkansas TV News Blog that KLRT's old set would be sent to Memphis' WPTY....

This could be the beginning of the desperately needed overhaul of WPTY.

While this info should be taken with a grain of salt, it seems entirely possible. Dismantle the soon-to-be unused set, and HD production equipment from one station and give

it to a sister station (even after the Newport breakup) that desperately needs it...

Stay tuned...

Anchor Joyce Peterson confirmed tonight on twitter that they are indeed getting KLRT's set. No time table given, I assume they may try to have something ready for May sweeps if not before.

Anchor Joyce Peterson confirmed tonight on twitter that they are indeed getting KLRT's set. No time table given, I assume they may try to have something ready for May sweeps if not before.

That's about the right time frame should they start immediately after sweeps is over.

Speaking of KLRT, the station recently started broadcasting from their newly-built set in the Victory Building (separate from KARK's set). It looks very similar to their old one that's being shipped to Memphis, which is leaving some to wonder if that was an FX job too (either that or Nexstar "stole" the design, as some on the Arkansas TV News blog have suggested).

EDIT: Per KLRT's Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/FOX16News/status/302138743664553985/photo/1

Speaking of KLRT, the station recently started broadcasting from their newly-built set in the Victory Building (separate from KARK's set). It looks very similar to their old one that's being shipped to Memphis, which is leaving some to wonder if that was an FX job too (either that or Nexstar "stole" the design, as some on the Arkansas TV News blog have suggested).

EDIT: Per KLRT's Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/FOX16News/status/302138743664553985/photo/1

I believe they wanted it to make a carbon copy of the old set (which is basically what it is) so it wouldn't look like they never left the old CC center. The last time I've seen something like this is when KGMB in Hawaii left its old studio and move to KHNL, when they did the new set for the new Hawaii News Now, they'd installed a complete clone of KGMB's studio desk from their old studio.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Did WVNS change the theme to Aerial or did they stayed with Inergy?

as of now they still using Inergy theme. I've watched some of the video on wvnstv.com and hear parts of it.

I was told by some that "Inergy theme" can't be used within 100 miles of a Scripps station or something along them lines.

I like the Inergy theme myself.

• 3 weeks later...
as of now they still using Inergy theme. I've watched some of the video on wvnstv.com and hear parts of it.

I was told by some that "Inergy theme" can't be used within 100 miles of a Scripps station or something along them lines.

I like the Inergy theme myself.

WFTV is using Inergy and WFTS is only 70 miles away.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived