The HD News Thread

Ntropolis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've been in HD for awhile now, but CBC's The National has now shifted to full 16:9 presentation (alongside the 4:3 letterbox introduced a few weeks ago)

edit: Oh, it looks like this is across CBC News as a whole, for both local, national, and their news channel. They're still using the same graphics; but they just resized them (which was probably easy, since style/behaviour-wise, much of them act a lot like WBZ's old look). They're just a bit too large though.

• 3 weeks later...

KULR, the NBC affiliate in Billings, became the first Montana television station to switch to HD. The studio cameras are still 16:9 standard definition. What's interesting about the switch to HD is the new graphics that KULR is using. KULR adopted their version of the NBC O&O graphics that are used on KNBC, WCAU, KNSD, etc.

I have attached KULR's 8-Day Forecast that includes these graphics.

8day.jpg

WROC/WUHF have gone HD. Just got captures from the market. Now, when will 10/WHEC go HD? Saw a promo for a new anchor with different graphics that the newscast is using, and appeared to be shot in 16x9 (though aired letterbox and pillar box on the HD stream captures). In fact, I saw no HD outside of network programming on WHEC (but my stream captures were limited to the 7pm news with NBC NN leadin and 11pm news with NBC leadin and lead out...)

J

KULR, the NBC affiliate in Billings, became the first Montana television station to switch to HD. The studio cameras are still 16:9 standard definition. What's interesting about the switch to HD is the new graphics that KULR is using. KULR adopted their version of the NBC O&O graphics that are used on KNBC, WCAU, KNSD, etc.

I have attached KULR's 8-Day Forecast that includes these graphics.

8day.jpg

That looks, ahem, Mattress King Cool.

In other news, CTV is still being a bunch of slowpokes in comparison to the other stations of Regina; Global is gleefully bragging about its HD newscasts in commercials, and CBC is now doing its news on all channels in full-on 16:9 (though they REALLY need to revise how they resized their graphics. Too many huge white blocks.)

• 3 weeks later...

On Friday, WCHS/WVAH in Charleston, WV launched HD newscasts with their new set from Devlin Design Group

http://www.ddgtv.com...hd-news-set-24/

Devlin is currently installing a new set at WICS-TV 20 in Springfield, IL...and they say they will be doing one more install this year for Sinclair. I'm thinking WKEF/WRGT in Dayton is next on the list since they are starting anew in the former WBDT building in suburban Miamisburg...

WCHS/WVAH finally in HD. Here is the proof in the pudding.

That's a really nice open. But those big bulky L3's that take up half the screen really ruin it and make the whole thing look cheap (which is no suprise because this is Sinclair we're talking about).

WFMJ in Youngstown Ohio posted a Facebook Picture of their new HD Control Room on Oct 2.

According to the Facebook page this Sunday Morning. This is one comment "like the new format". I guess they flipped the switch to HD. I will confirm this tonight at 6. I will have video if they made the flip.

https://www.facebook...&type=3

WTHI-TV, Terre Haute will launch their High Definition Newscasts from their new building, which is located a block and a half from their old building, in six days. According to the Terre Haute Tribune Star the new building features 15 miles of wire and cost nearly seven million dollars.

Photos are included in the article.

http://tribstar.com/local/x1149577525/New-era-at-WTHI

I have confirmed that WFMJ in Youngstown OH has flipped the HD news switch as of 10-13-12.

Here you go everyone

Look E for graphics???

The music is called "This is The Place" by Stephen Arnold.

WFMJ starting using Indie Band in early 2012 for WFMJ Today.

This ends a 12 year run of WFMJ using Metropolis. Expect for some station ID's and promos.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived