The HD News Thread

Ntropolis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
In Orlando, you have WOFL in both the HD and SD widescreen lists. Aren't they now in HD?

Also, KPLR is reported in Wikipedia to have been producing their newscast in HD since February 16, 2009.

WOFL is doing news in HD, this has been fixed. Also added KSAT to the HD list.

I had KPLR listed in HD, just forgot to pull from the rumor mill (didn't notice this).

Thank you!

WIAT in Birmingham will go HD soon. I am not exactly sure when, but I used to work there and I do know that all their Grass Valley Robotic Studio Cameras are HD capable. For the last two to three weeks they have also started doing anchor promos, newscast promos, and promos for "Wake-Up Alabama" all in 1080i HD, and have been airing them throughout the day. Also, their bug on newscasts is in HD. They have not, however, stated outright that their newscasts will be HD soon; I am just assuming, since they have HD cameras and have been doing the promos in 16:9 and in HD, that they have the necessary equipment to do so. They also broadcast ET and Jeopardy in HD.

On air confirmation on FOX6 News at News at Noon from Janice Rogers and Mickey Furgeson that WBRC will reveal new set and broadcast in HD next week.

Please no shit RaycomHD graphics, oh please dear god no.:p

• 3 weeks later...

WREG's RIchard Ransom this evening posted on Twitter that they are receiving "deliveries daily" for their "upcoming transition to HD". No timeline given, but it would certainly be plausible if they were targeting Super Bowl night for a big debut since they'll be carrying it (CBS). That will make the Memphis market 3 for 4 in HD when it happens.

Hopefully it will come with an updated set - theirs has been in use since 1997 with just occasional upgrades over the years, even though it is really nice, its just time for a change.

Link: http://twitter.com/RichardRansom3

WREG's RIchard Ransom this evening posted on Twitter that they are receiving "deliveries daily" for their "upcoming transition to HD". No timeline given, but it would certainly be plausible if they were targeting Super Bowl night for a big debut since they'll be carrying it (CBS). That will make the Memphis market 3 for 4 in HD when it happens.

Hopefully it will come with an updated set - theirs has been in use since 1997 with just occasional upgrades over the years, even though it is really nice, its just time for a change.

Link: http://twitter.com/RichardRansom3

I hope they retain the newsroom set look a la WPBF and just build on the bones of their existing set. Then again, how Local TV/Tribune may handle this leaves me a bit optimistic.

I hope they retain the newsroom set look a la WPBF and just build on the bones of their existing set. Then again, how Local TV/Tribune may handle this leaves me a bit optimistic.

Yeah, I would like to see the newsroom look retained in some form as well. Having that much space and the full newsroom "feel" to incorporate is an advantage they have over the rest of the market.

I know it's late but I just looked at WXIN's new HD look. I noticed how extremely similar it was to KTVI in terms of the graphics and etc.

Makes sense since Local TV (KTVI) and Tribune (WXIN) are sharing resources.

The set doesn't look too bad either. Overall, not a bad job by Tribune with WXIN's new look.

Archived