The HD News Thread

Ntropolis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Brownsville TX is getting another HD newscast. KGRV is going HD next week according to what the morning new co-anchor told me. New set, and Graphics, but no new music. He told me it will blow KVEO out of the water! No word on if there sister station will ever go HD in Baton Rouge.

Brownsville TX is getting another HD newscast. KGRV is going HD next week according to what the morning new co-anchor told me. New set, and Graphics, but no new music. He told me it will blow KVEO out of the water! No word on if there sister station will ever go HD in Baton Rouge.

WBRZ has been in HD for several months.

• 3 weeks later...

I just noticed that the Oklahoma News Report, produced by the Oklahoma Educational Television Authority (OETA), is being broadcast in widescreen. The only thing I can't tell is if it is in HD or 480p ED. I'm not sure, but could this be the first public TV station doing newscasts in a widescreen format?

Edit: At the sign-off, they said the newscast IS in HD!

Somebody may have to check this, but I recently watched some news video from WCNC in Charlotte and noticed that, in addition to new graphics, they're doing their stuff in widescreen format.

Does anyone who lives in that area know if they're broadcasting in HD or 16:9 SD?

Archived