The HD News Thread

Ntropolis

It appears WFXT flipped the switch last night to HD.

They have the new corporate O&O graphics too, from what I understand--though they are being used sparingly.

-T

FOX is rolling out a new version of the HD O&O graphics? So much for standardizing the looks...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WWJ does have a newscast now. It called the Free Press First Mornings (5-7am weekdays). WWJ teamed up with the Detroit Free Press to provide a newscast. The newscast is mostly traffic and weather with a mix of Free Press stories. Also WWJ has a live weather forecast every night at 11pm.

It's not like they can buy another station in that market in order to compete with the likes of WDIV, WXYZ and their former affiliate WJBK.

I mean sell it and WKBD to someone that will keep it as a CBS affiliate, just like they did with KUTV and KEYE.

Finally!

I missed the 5:00 news unfortunately (I'm a loyal WMC-TV viewer), but I'll try and get the 9:00 newscast and post it here.

Sounds good as I don't have anything to capture video.

Looks decent overall, some cameras looked soft but others looked good. Graphics are the same as most of the other O&Os, but they were very widely used, the only opens were for the newscast itself and weather portions, there wasn't even one for sports. The lighting didn't seem quite right either for some shots, and overall its a much darker look in the studio than they had previously, somewhat like the other O&Os, but that may change as they work things out.

It did seem as if they didn't set field reports to run in proper aspect ratio, they were in a stretched letterbox format, so couldn't really tell from that whether it was SD or HD. Hopefully that will be corrected for the 9:00 newscast. There was only one live field report and it was via satellite, and in 16:9 SD (proper aspect ratio though), and no live bug to be seen either.

Based on the 5:00 newscast alone, I would say WMC's HD quality is a bit better than WHBQ's, but obviously that's a very early assessment.

add WTVT they finally went HD tonight adapting the O&O graphics that all FOX station uses also WOFL tweaked their graphics to the same as all the other stations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEQJmuXBTyM

heres the new HD open for WTVT its very interesting theyre still using the late Don LaFontaine as V/O

I don't like it. I don't like the random "FOX" before "5:00 News" and the background is pretty static too.

At least they didn't get the ugly "Tiny FOX" bug.

Archived