As of now, the following Fox O&O stations are not in HD:

WFLD Chicago

WFXT Boston

KDFW Dallas

WAGA Atlanta

KMSP Minneapolis/St Paul

WTVT Tampa/St Petersburg

KSAZ Phoenix

WHBQ Memphis (though there are hints on their website that they will pretty soon)

KTBC Austin

I suspect that the number will drop over the next several days heading into March sweeps.

Don't know anything official about WHBQ, but I think they are at least getting close to being ready to switch. They have aired local taped programming in HD, and their news and weather alert crawls also are now in HD.

When they did their first HD broadcast, their annual "Home for the Holidays" concert special Christmas Eve, anchors Mearl Purvis and Valerie Calhoun said it was "a great way to start the HD era at Fox 13". Their control room is HD-ready as are their field cameras. If anything is holding them back, its probably studio cameras, like with WMC for a while.

Seems Fox is getting the O&Os up fast though, so it may well be sooner rather than later.

Another market will finally get an HD newscast.

Savannah Georgia....and its not 11 or 3, its WJCL!

The notable making news season 2 station will be the first station in the market.

The "big guy" Frank (sports director) told me 2-3 weeks, they already have the HD cameras in the studio unused.

By they way they are WKBN's sister station, looks like New Vision is getting in the game on HD!

KTVI went HD tonight at 9. would also expect KPLR news 11 to go HD tomorrow night now that KTVI has moved to the Ball dr HQ of KPLR. First newscast made outside of the old Berthold studios in over 50 years for channel 2.

YES KPLR will go HD tomorrow(MONDAY)!!!

Another market will finally get an HD newscast.

Savannah Georgia....and its not 11 or 3, its WJCL!

The notable making news season 2 station will be the first station in the market.

The "big guy" Frank (sports director) told me 2-3 weeks, they already have the HD cameras in the studio unused.

By they way they are WKBN's sister station, looks like New Vision is getting in the game on HD!

probably using all the royalty money from when they had the Making news show there at WJCL lol, would have figured they would have got something else besides HD, like a live truck that worked all the time maybe....

WKBN could be going HD Feb 16! It would be 1st in Youngstown for HD News.

But now it looks according to another member that it has been pushed back a week.

I wonder if this could include WYTV too...since they share facilities and news staff.

We can finally see the new graphics that WKBN's been teasing with their website.

Archived