The HD News Thread

Ntropolis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As usual' date=' some "insider" says it will happen and it never does...[/quote']

That's like WTTG here in DC. I've heard on DCRTV and elsewhere that they have the HD cameras and equipment, and all they need to do is flip a switch, but it has been a year later and nothing! I guess there is some hope because other FOX O&Os (WNYW, KTTV, etc.) have gone HD recently.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not an insider, but i'd be willing to say that there's a good chance WSVN flips the switch at noon tomorrow. Tomorrow is the first day when all the main talent will be back, and it didn't make much sense to flip the switch on January 1st when everyone was on vacation.

I'm not an insider, but i'd be willing to say that there's a good chance WSVN flips the switch at noon tomorrow. Tomorrow is the first day when all the main talent will be back, and it didn't make much sense to flip the switch on January 1st when everyone was on vacation.

Not HD on the 4pm.

Not HD on the 4pm.

I see that. I'm.... shocked.

Although I did see some updates on the 4PM newscast with some "swoooshing" and added "7's". Who knows.. the only thing that i can say is maybe tommrow. WHDH went HD on July 29, 2008. Thats a Tuesday. Maybe they like Tuesdays? :o

EngadgetHD had a good story about it. Another cookie cutter FX set design.. bleh.

Cookie cutter? Sure. But man do I want WGAL to go HD. I told one of my friends just now about WBAL going HD. I said, that I bet WGAL will be on the last station in the H/A group to go HD. I bet even the upstate NY/VT station will go HD first. Oh well. Good job WBAL.

-- Matt

Cookie cutter? Sure. But man do I want WGAL to go HD. I told one of my friends just now about WBAL going HD. I said, that I bet WGAL will be on the last station in the H/A group to go HD. I bet even the upstate NY/VT station will go HD first. Oh well. Good job WBAL.

-- Matt

Everyone will start producing news in HD before Milwaukee does.

Everyone.

I see that. I'm.... shocked.

Although I did see some updates on the 4PM newscast with some "swoooshing" and added "7's". Who knows.. the only thing that i can say is maybe tommrow. WHDH went HD on July 29, 2008. Thats a Tuesday. Maybe they like Tuesdays? :o

Maybe they're waiting until Thursday which is when the BCS Championship game that Florida is in and will air on WSVN. We remember that a few NBC stations did big things around the start of the Beijing olympics last summer. I highly doubt that's the plan though.

I think I may be wrong with this one .... but I should pass along this rumor ...

I think that WPMT FOX43 here in Harrisburg-Lancaster-Lebanon-York will go HD news as soon as tomorrow. They have some weird promos about 'something big' coming Monday, and a baby crying. Most would think the obvious, but then more and more promos appearing with their syndicated sitcoms now in HD.

if FOX43 goes HD, I will be really really shocked. While their gfx are alright, their set needed a complete overhaul for the longest longest time. I will update as I can, but let's see if I'm right, eh?

But I am not holding my breath ...

-- Matt

WSVN HD premiere:

New theme too, which sounds like it's loosely based upon the 2001 theme... obviously by Chris Crane.

Have they always done the chromakey wall that way? Pretty neat...

If you're talking about weather, then yes, it's been that way for 2 years at least. But the sports one is brand new and much better than their old one.

Add WGCL/Atlanta to the list. They also rebranded to "CBS Atlanta/CBS Atlanta News" and they have new graphics and music too. A swoosh sound plays every time the l3 appears on screen, which is very annoying.

Archived