The HD News Thread

Ntropolis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hawaii to get HD news

At the same time KGMB announced that they came to an agreement with Time Warner Cable to carry their HD signal, KGMB also said that they plan on launching their news in HD in the near future. (FYI: this is also the same station that launched a new morning newscast not even 3 months ago and recently expanded it from 5-7am to 4:30-8am). Their new set and much of their equipment is already HD ready.

Since Hawaii has something like 90% cable penetration, it wouldn't have been worth it to do HD news until the HD signal could be carried on cable.

http://kgmb9.com/main/content/view/3222/76/

Rumors have popped up on the Norfolk AVS Forum thread that WVEC will start doing news in 16:9 SD tonight at 6... http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=12790285#post12790285

Screencaps from 11pm. They look HD because they're resized, but they're not... a couple native captures are included to show the real quality.

WVEC_20080112_1.jpgWVEC_20080112_2.jpg

WVEC_20080112_3.jpgWVEC_20080112_4.jpg

WVEC_20080112_5.jpgWVEC_20080112_6.jpg

WVEC_20080112_7.jpgWVEC_20080112_8.jpg

WVEC_20080112_9.jpgWVEC_20080112_10.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/Ntropolis/wvec-sd-ws/snapshot_j_20080112_0026.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/Ntropolis/wvec-sd-ws/snapshot_j_20080112_0039.jpg

Here's the open....they've dumped the Life Around the Bay name for the more traditional Tampa Bay's 10 News at 4:00. Dunno if they'll keep the same format though.

Weird! The website is still calling it Life around the Bay.

To tell you the truth, I prefer that, because it's different. It was less of a newscast and more infotainment, and it doesn't make sense to brand it as news.

I also liked This Morning Around The Bay, which was changed to Tampa Bay's 10 News this Morning. :-(

KMOV...February 20th. Will have screencaps.

Well, the rumor has been for a while that they will be doing it in February. I have noticed in the last couple of nights, that they are only using one anchor, which may not mean anything at all, then when they go to weather, it's straight to the green screen, and when they do sports Steve has been standing and not sitting.

Also, at the end of the newscast, they have all the talents sitting to the far right, so you cant see to the left (towards where the weathe center should be.) Also, if you look to the right side of the screen, where the background is, it looks sorta fake (like they took a pic of the background, and put it on a canvas of some sort, it just looks different), and where the wall slanted before, to give the 3-D effect, if you will, looks like it is straight, and not slanted.) Some interesting stuff going on. Let's see what's going to happen.

TVWEATHERMAN

KMOV (St Louis) to go HD News

They just showed a commerical on KMOV that they will have news in HD coming soon. Did not meantion a date, but I would not be suprised to see them do it during feb sweeps month. they had a set redo a few years ago now I'd say somewhere in the 2001-2002 timeframe, but I don't know if that was an HD ready set or not. FX group did it I know, so I wonder if we will see a new set from the folks at 1 memorial drive.

Just so a promo for KMOV!!!!!

yep saw it this morning. And I think we will get a new set too maybe, just too many wierd things onset for the number 1 station in the 10PM news to not be working in an construction zone.

yep saw it this morning. And I think we will get a new set too maybe, just too many wierd things onset for the number 1 station in the 10PM news to not be working in an construction zone.

I know what you mean, look at my observations that I noted a couple of days ago...

Archived