Joe Ahern talks about CBS 2 Ratings Struggle!

DFWTVNews30

Hey guys. I thought you might be interested in reading the following article regarding Joe Ahern and the state of CBS 2. There are some very interesting things. Joe Ahern just signed a new multi-year contract so he's sticking around for the long haul at CBS 2. He talks about how good it was to bring Rob Johnson away from WLS and pairing him with Diann Burns. Burns contract expires next year and he refuses to discuss her contract.

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?id=26834

SO that means that Diann will get the axe soon. As NewsBlues said: "Despite GM's best efforts, Chicago CBS O&O remains in basement". We'll see what's going to happen soon at WBBM

But I wonder if a lot of people are asking this quaetion. If the station is in the toilet , why does Ahern still have a job?

Well we have to give credit were it's due. BBM had a fantastic May 2006 year, posting growths on all it's newscast, but all of the sudden, CBS 2 lost that momentum and it's hurting them badly. Add over the whole Jacobson mess that Ch.2 created.

So again why keep him. The move to Johnson has hurt the station. In july ratings at 10pm were down 30%.

It is hard to think a news set will bring in the viewers. It also seems that he has an obsession with ch.7

So again why keep him. The move to Johnson has hurt the station. In july ratings at 10pm were down 30%.

It is hard to think a news set will bring in the viewers. It also seems that he has an obsession with ch.7

Well he, with Dennis Swanson made ABC 7 the #1 Station in Chicago. But yes, it is really stupid to even think that a new studio, new anchor (Rob Johnson) will bring back viewers. Johnson is a great anchor but that won't cut it. And to think that Johnson/Burns have chemistry? CBS 2 needs a new management team (KCBS comes to mind) and the eventual axing of Carol Fowler, Diann Burns, Mai Martinez, etc....

I really dont think Burns is that bad of an anchor but why do they keep relegating Mary Ann Childers to JUST health reporter and filling in for Diann when she's off is beyond me. They should pair her with Rob Johnson at 5 & 10 and put Diann at 6 with Antonio (who also isn't a bad anchor).

Archived