Evening News Poll

nynewsjunkie

Usually I watch WNBC up until 6:30 when I switch over to World News with Charles Gibson. Im not much of a Williams fan, but he is backup in the event that ABC news has some sports event on. I would rather watch the flavor of love over the CBS evening news.

I don't like any of them above the others. I've been watching CBS because I tend to root for the underdog. For decades, I was a lapdog-loyal NBC watcher, but I've never warmed up to Williams; I think it's because I don't care for his writing style. While I'm glad that Charlie Gibson got the ABC spot, I've never watched him and I'm not sure why. (I've listened to him; our ABC affiliate is on channel 6, and so their audio goes out over 87.7 FM.) So having watched or heard all three, I think NBC does the best job of getting the news.

jim

I prefer World News with Charles Gibson but, from time to time, I do watch Nightly News with Brian Williams to see something different. Honestly, I think both of them do quite a good job and have done well in keeping the traditions of their predecessors Tom Brokaw and the late Peter Jennings. Of course, though, when Jennings was on, there would be no other choice in evening news for me.

I should say, though, that I watched the CBS Evening News more and more when Bob Schieffer served as anchor and even turned to it on a regular basis in the last few months of his run.

I should say, though, that I watched the CBS Evening News more and more when Bob Schieffer served as anchor and even turned to it on a regular basis in the last few months of his run.

Same here. Bob Schieffer was an excellent choice to anchor the Evening News, it's a shame he was unable to stay there permanently.

When I am home to watch the evening news, it's a toss-up between ABC and NBC. Depends if they have any interesting, special segments.

Archived