CBS 2 Opens

Dustin

Hey guys! Does anyone have to have the links from CBS2Chicago.com of their current opens? I know they posted them on their site at one time but I can't seem to find them.

Thanks in advance!

-Dustin

Oh ok, thanks. I just wanted to show these to a friend of mine. How did they add in Rob Johnson and Mai Martinez into the talent bumpers? Did they do the whole setup again?

-Dustin

Oh ok, thanks. I just wanted to show these to a friend of mine. How did they add in Rob Johnson and Mai Martinez into the talent bumpers? Did they do the whole setup again?

-Dustin

They haven't made one with Mai Martinez yet. I believe for Rob Johnson, they just did his single shot and a group shot with him and the others (Burns, Baskerville, and Malone) wearing the same outfits as in the original and the rest of their single shots were just recycled.

The main difference between the original (the ones seen in the videos online) and the current one has to do with the weather anchor's portion of the talent intro. In the current 5, 6, and 10 PM talents, Bill Ratner now says "Meteorologist Steve Baskerville with the exclusive CBS 2 Weather Trak Forcast". After showing the shot of Steve Baskerville, a graphic that shows the CBS 2 Weather Trak logo is shown on the screen. The flashing CBS logo shown between each anchor's shot has also been changed a little.

I think CBS 2 may be heading in a slightly different direction with their image now so I don't think a new one with Mai Martinez will be made just yet.

Archived