WPVI Move Closer to Your World "Arrangements"

A3N

Mr. Epino is right, 6 uses this stuff in most of their promos.

I really like it. Especially when compared to the other-used MCTYW arrangement -- aptly called "Move Closer To Your World-esque Theme" -- 615's offering is a nice refreshment of the original.

I'd take the Schwarz theme over the new 615 cover, but probably only because it brings back memories of the early 90s in Pittsburgh.

I really like it. Especially when compared to the other-used MCTYW arrangement -- aptly called "Move Closer To Your World-esque Theme" -- 615's offering is a nice refreshment of the original.

I'd take the Schwarz theme over the new 615 cover, but probably only because it brings back memories of the early 90s in Pittsburgh.

I'm certain 'PXI used it more efficiently than WNEP did/does, anyways.

Still, MCTYW-Esque is too -- 80s?

I'm certain 'PXI used it more efficiently than WNEP did/does, anyways.

Still, MCTYW-Esque is too -- 80s?

It's nauseating.

The 615 stuff is about 3-4 years old and I guess they decided to syndicate the package. I actually like it and wouldn't mind if they used it for opens/closes.

I actually like it and wouldn't mind if they used it for opens/closes.

Unfortunately, the rest of the Philadelphia DMA would most certainly mind.

Seriously, is their any other piece of news music that can make an entire city become news music nerds?

I actually like it and wouldn't mind if they used it for opens/closes.

Unfortunately, the rest of the Philadelphia DMA would most certainly mind.

Seriously, is their any other piece of news music that can make an entire city become news music nerds?

I think it's something in the hippie singing verse that makes people shoot their loads over it.

I don't hate it but I think its decent. It ain't nothing but an orchestration of the Action News Theme with a 615 feel to it. It's very similar to several 615 timeless pieces. Luckily 6ABC is only using these themes for promos. Otherwise, this would never be appropriate for the newscast period.

Cut three in the sampler is actually used in-show...as the Breaking News cut. The cut is usually faded out right before the string section comes in, which makes it sound even more retro. PVI added some sound effects to the cut to add urgency, and now it fits the show dynamic like a glove.

Archived