WBD creating nightly sports block on TruTV

Georgie56

33 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

I wonder if this will lead to a total rebrand of TruTV down the line.

That's certainly possible. I think this is a very good thing for truTV. It makes the network worth watching, instead of it being just the network of Impractical Jokers reruns (and new episodes once a week, and those are moving to TBS in April).

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

I wonder if this will lead to a total rebrand of TruTV down the line.

If that happens, they'd just rename it after the sports division. WBD already has TNT Sports-branded networks in the UK (previously known as BT Sport) and three South American countries, so...

Also, the expansion of sports on TruTV is interesting, given its supposed to be one of the channels carried on the planned sports streaming service.

Edited by T.L. Hughes

I think the sports block is the best plan for TruTV since the peak of its format as a comedy-based reality show network. I think it'll be hugely successful and I'd bet a rebrand will be imminent sometime after. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Viper550 said:

TNT Sports Tonight launched; in an interesting move, it appears to actually be produced by CNN with long-time sports correspondent Coy Wire hosting.

Which would explain the CNN graphics being used. Though they didn't show the logo in the L3.