Mai Martinez gets the gig???

former newsboy

So the big loser in our poll and the least impressive of all the on-air tryouts is the one who got the job. The press release just went up on CBS 2's website that reporter Mai Martinez has been named weekend co-anchor. Here's the link...

http://cbs2chicago.com/pressreleases/local_story_263163150.html

Alita come back!

Channel 2 could not have picked a more unqualified person for the job. Every single one of the other candidates would do better than her. Kristyn Hartman would've been my choice. Looks like 2's ratings will go down yet again!

The only reason why she got the job is because she is Hispanic. 2 needed to put another Hispanic in an anchor to not anger them. Then they would have been even more pissed them off. In my opinion Susan Carlson should have got it.

The only reason why she got the job is because she is Hispanic. 2 needed to put another Hispanic in an anchor to not anger them. Then they would have been even more pissed them off. In my opinion Susan Carlson should have got it.

It was in yesterday's Feder column...

http://www.suntimes.com/business/feder/568090,CST-FIN-feder21.article

why did 2 need to put another hispanic in the anchor chair? They have Antonio Mora and Roseanne Tellez. I'm African-American but I could care less what color the anchor was, although I do like to see a diverse anchor line-up. Krystan DEFINITELY should have gotten the job. Oh well. I'll continue to watch 7.

Archived