KSTP live bug

GodfreyGR

Rough news day in the Twin Cities (disclaimer: I live close to where todays shooting happened), but KSTP has been using a new live bug for the last couple weeks that add the city, and landmark/intersection the reporter is live from. Not sure I’ve seen too many other stations doing likewise, but it’s kind of a best addition, but it’s useful in a situation like today where multiple reporters are stationed around a community for a story. 

IMG_5567.jpeg

IMG_5565.jpeg

IMG_5564.jpeg

1 hour ago, GodfreyGR said:

Rough news day in the Twin Cities (disclaimer: I live close to where todays shooting happened), but KSTP has been using a new live bug for the last couple weeks that add the city, and landmark/intersection the reporter is live from. Not sure I’ve seen too many other stations doing likewise, but it’s kind of a best addition, but it’s useful in a situation like today where multiple reporters are stationed around a community for a story. 

IMG_5567.jpeg

IMG_5565.jpeg

IMG_5564.jpeg

Looks similar to the new ABC O&O Live bug

2 hours ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

I've always HATED live bug "tabs" on the L3. You can blame TEGNA for originating that crap. In this case, it's redundant and it's somewhat overlapping the time/temp bug.

The L3 one is what they’ve previously used… new one I was referencing is upper left corner. Kinda redundant they had both on, but it was breaking news- bigger focuses for them in the moment. 

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, MorningNews said:

Yeah the new ABC O&O mandate has an element like this for bugs. I actually like it, it’s pretty utilitarian.

Not to make this a list thread, but NBC O&O's also use their live bug similarly with the location. They've done this with the last couple of packages.

So it is out there, and I do like their application of it minus the live tab on the L3.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2024 at 11:45 AM, Bsean said:

Not to make this a list thread, but NBC O&O's also use their live bug similarly with the location. They've done this with the last couple of packages.

Not to mention that it kinda looks like GrayONE, but that’s just me, I guess(?).

43 minutes ago, qunewsguy said:

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned this yet but I hate the fact that it's a double live bug.

Its been mentioned, just not directly, you think we would not notice that! You might have scrolled right past it, happens to us all.

On 2/18/2024 at 6:42 PM, ABC 7 Denver said:

I've always HATED live bug "tabs" on the L3. You can blame TEGNA for originating that crap. In this case, it's redundant and it's somewhat overlapping the time/temp bug.

The difference between the top live bug and the L3s, makes me wonder if there going to roll out a new (or refreshed) graphics package.

I do not when they last got a graphics refresh, would someone be able to tell enlighten us on that?