Atlanta Local News (ALL STATIONS)

MediaZone4K

• MediaZone4K changed the title to Atlanta Local News (ALL STATIONS)

WAGA like other O&O's brands their 11pm newscast as "NewsEdge". Does the branding mean anything? I ask because Fox 5 News Edge at 11 doesnt seem to differ in format from typical newscasts. 

Confusingly News Edge is also a online news service from the Fox News Channel.

Edited by MediaZone4K

On 1/11/2024 at 6:08 PM, MediaZone4K said:

WAGA like other O&O's brands their 11pm newscast as "NewsEdge". Does the branding mean anything? I ask because Fox 5 News Edge at 11 doesnt seem to differ in format from typical newscasts. 

Confusingly News Edge is also a online new service from the Fox News Channel.

Is it like the 'scrippscast'  with a mix of national and local stories?

25 minutes ago, HSV cheesehead said:

Is it like the 'scrippscast'  with a mix of national and local stories?

Not really. seems like a standard newscast to me.

EDIT: Some insight finally, sister station Fox 26 Houston explains their NewsEdge as a faster paced look at local news, so I  suppose that means the same thing on WAGA. 

Edited by MediaZone4K

WTTG used to use NewsEdge for some of their newscasts, and WOFL and WJBK (The Edge) currently use it. It's nothing new.

Edited by cg41386

2 hours ago, cg41386 said:

WTTG used to use NewsEdge for some of their newscasts, and WOFL and WJBK (The Edge) currently use it. It's nothing new.

Yeah, I realize it's been around for a while. I just wanted to find out what they actually meant by that branding. If it was any different from a standard newscast, but apparently it's "faster paced".

• Weeters locked, unlocked and locked this topic