Morgan Murphy Media Graphics - Tweak

Axiom81

It appears the MMM group has moved their logo (after years of it being on the left) to the right and also made the graphics boxes LARGER . Not sure if this is a pre-cursor to a larger change , but now the logo on the right side rotates between the logo, Channel3000.com, and News3Now. (Also can confirm WKBT has this look now as well)..but not a huge fan of this constant right box change and the much larger text box...the before was the correct size ...but just 1 opinion 😄 

Before:

image.thumb.png.7c4fd33b8fbfbad8a4a594bd2d6f1079.png

After"

image.thumb.png.1ec524f9a84d15b533a9ef9365840b9d.png

KAPP/KV...I meant, "APPLE VALLEY NEWS NOW," in Central Washington, doesn't have any rolling news on the bottom, or sponsorship logos. I think KXLY does. The logo is on the right of the screen in a box.

I'll be traveling back to Montana later this year so I'll check out KXLY's newscasts on the way there.

2 minutes ago, VHSgoodiesWA said:

KAPP/KV...I meant, "APPLE VALLEY NEWS NOW," in Central Washington, doesn't have any rolling news on the bottom, or sponsorship logos. I think KXLY does. The logo is on the right of the screen in a box.

I'll be traveling back to Montana later this year so I'll check out KXLY's newscasts on the way there.

Yeah I REALLY wish MMM would get rid of the news ticker, it provides zero value and is more of a distraction. 

WKBT has had them for over a year. They debuted them when they debuted Ross Overdrive in 2022. It was a test to see if their VP of news actually liked this vision or if he wanted to switch back to the old look. (I worked there during this transition.)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Yikes large white box L3s. At least the time-temperature bug looks less cramped. 

Having just discovered the Morgan Murphy group, I will say some of their stations's graphics and sets look better than some stations at larger companies like Sinclair. 

Edited by MediaZone4K
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/24/2024 at 9:13 PM, VHSgoodiesWA said:

KAPP/KV...I meant APPLE VALLEY News Now, finally added time and temperature to the bottom of that little logo box. No ticker like KXLY.

No ticker on KXLY. There is a ticker on the KXLY+ steaming channel. The ticker disappeared when they switched to the monstrous lower 3rds in Spokane in the last year or so.