Channel 1 and A.I in the News Industry

ATLNewsExpert

Feel free to move this where ever. Given the rise of artificial intelligence, it's no secret everyone industry can possibly be effected, and now we are seeing how the news industry and journalism can be effected. Noting this, I feel it's time we have a form to discuss it's impact's, now and in the future. 

Channel 1 has been announced, a news network run entirely by A.I, with A.I anchors, reporters, and reports, vowing to be personalized towards the viewer. In addition, the other site claims that 1 has signed an agreement to launch on Tubi and other FAST services. Given the fact that this tech has become so advanced, there can be a whole news network with nothing but A.I anchors and reporters concerns me. If a whole network can do it, in a time when many organizations are looking to cut cost, why won't they eventually? This really has me thinking, especially as this is the industry that I aspire to working in a way some day. What do you think?

https://www.channel1.ai/

Edited by ATLNewsExpert

It makes me nervous. There's great potential for this technology to be abused for nefarious reasons. As it is now, there's a bit of an uncanny valley-ness to it that's unsettling. There are some things AI will probably never be able to really re-create, that being what it is to be Human with genuine Human expressions and emotions. Part of what makes real people appealing is the ability to connect with them on a personal level.

Will AI be utilized in news? Undoubtedly, but it needs to be done extremely carefully.

• Like 5