MNF Audio

GodfreyGR

I've noticed this the last couple of weeks for Monday Night Football (ABC not ESPN for what it's worth) that the audio intermittently cuts out for a brief second. It's almost like they're censoring language, but then it happens when only Joe and Troy are talking as well. 

ABC issue? Language censoring? Something else?

1 hour ago, GodfreyGR said:

I've noticed this the last couple of weeks for Monday Night Football (ABC not ESPN for what it's worth) that the audio intermittently cuts out for a brief second. It's almost like they're censoring language, but then it happens when only Joe and Troy are talking as well. 

ABC issue? Language censoring? Something else?

I’ve noticed it too. I haven’t seen the ESPN broadcast, nor do I have the time or the desire to comb through it and compare, but I assume that they’re censoring language that can’t be aired on ABC.

But you’d think they’d be able to do what CBS and Fox do and mute only the field mics instead of the entire broadcast.