Merit Street (Dr. Phil Cable Network).

mrschimpf

43 minutes ago, patlovestv said:

At some point in recent days, the website has been revised with an updated launch date of April 2.

Five weeks and a day is a notable shift. I guess they didn't have enough content ready to merit sticking to the original date.

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently, Chris Harrison has found religion (and about Texas's lack of income taxes) and will host the network's morning show with his wife in the fall a la Kelly and Mark. Sadly I found out by Entertainment Tonight (where his wife used to do features) doing a segment with him about it, so as far as CBSMV considering Dr. Phil persona non grata on their air, that isn't happening.

(also correct the title to remove the date since that didn't happen, please mods)

• CircleSeven changed the title to Merit Street (Dr. Phil Cable Network).
  • 4 weeks later...

Spectrum is claimed to be carrying it, but I haven't seen any PR or channel notices from Spectrum noting it (though it is interesting they removed Enlace).

Merit Street also has a plus app which requires email login, which I'm not giving to TBN; not seeing any AVOD availability so far where you don't need an account.

• Like 1

I didn't know Spectrum has it I may have to see if it is in the lineup could be in the in 484 which use to be Circle I didn't have Circle though since the channel 485 to 488 is the Byron Allens low rated cable networks. Along with StartTV & Story as well.

Interesting.  Optimum has it as WMBC TV has evidently decided to drop whatever they had and is carrying it.  But, the Merit webpage gives the wrong channel number.  Not a positive sign.

3 hours ago, NowBergen said:

Interesting.  Optimum has it as WMBC TV has evidently decided to drop whatever they had and is carrying it.  But, the Merit webpage gives the wrong channel number.  Not a positive sign.

It gets even weirder, there's two affiliates in Los Angeles (An subchannel on KTBN and KVMD) which makes almost no sense why there would be two affiliates of this network.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mer764KCTV5 said:

It gets even weirder, there's two affiliates in Los Angeles (An subchannel on KTBN and KVMD) which makes almost no sense why there would be two affiliates of this network.

So I don't know how TBN runs its specific non-commercial stations from those that have a commercial license, but they now carry traditional advertising on the cable/satellite feed. I think KTBN is commercial so MS can run ads there, but it's all this with KVMD;

·Commercial license

·Must-carry as a DT1, which KTBN-DT2 does not

·Nearly full-market pay coverage despite being more a Palm Springs station and barely brushing Ontario.

·Same with WMBC-TV

·Guaranteed #1 & #2 market coverage without speaking to one local or national cable provider

·Viewer doesn't even connect it's a TBN-originated network in the EPG until the combo TOOH ID if they even glance it

Edited by mrschimpf
  • Confused 1