Hello News returns to the airwaves

cxd7346

One of the best local news themes ever produced! Great to see it being brought back!

I wonder if anyone has asked Frank Gari for his reaction. He must be proud.

Edited by dpb
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dpb said:

One of the best local news themes ever produced! Great to see it being brought back!

I wonder if anyone has asked Frank Gari for his reaction. He must be proud.

I have attempted to reach out to him through contact info that is public but have had no luck unfortunately. I’d love that!

1 hour ago, bmasters1 said:

Love that this is back in the Quad Cities on that NBC station-- one thing I wonder: why does the announcer say "Celebrating 75 years", when the station ID says "Est. 1949"?

We are doing a year long celebration leading up to it. We went on the air 10/31/49. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

That's great - thought it was nice for the week of live shots in Clinton, but wow full time is a thrill. 

Excellent work making the case. Did Warner Chappell remaster or sweeten it for digital at all?

Edited by sfomspphl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The relaunch happened right after InvestigateTV+ concluded. Attached is what preceded the inaugural noon newscast, the Hello image campaign in all its glory, sadly compressed to fit the filesize limits of this website. 😂 I will have the inaugural broadcast, including this promo, in higher quality uploaded on my YouTube channel later.

Kudos to everyone at TV6 who made it possible!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, sfomspphl said:

Can't figure out how to upload it, but for the 6pm close they're putting the icing on the cake - the 'Hello' waves and the old school closing music. 

You can see this from there "hello clinton" special last week, they posted it on their website :)

https://www.kwqc.com/video/2023/10/27/hello-clinton-live-clinton-6-pm-pt-5/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah KRON was forced to bring back Instant Classics in the 2000s over the SESAC licensing 

KTVU almost brought back the Randall theme before Fox bought them

Enforcer was effectively a throwback for WCBS/WBBM/KCBS

KGO in the 80s twice dropped Cool Hand Luke/NS2K only to bring them back 

The 99 update to Eyewitness News by WABC was a throwback to the teletype sound 

Not my favorite package but I’d bet KARE has some brand value in the old Third Coast packages if they brought elements back

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/23/2023 at 11:54 AM, sfomspphl said:

Yeah KRON was forced to bring back Instant Classics in the 2000s over the SESAC licensing 

KTVU almost brought back the Randall theme before Fox bought them

Enforcer was effectively a throwback for WCBS/WBBM/KCBS

KGO in the 80s twice dropped Cool Hand Luke/NS2K only to bring them back 

The 99 update to Eyewitness News by WABC was a throwback to the teletype sound 

Not my favorite package but I’d bet KARE has some brand value in the old Third Coast packages if they brought elements back

Don't forget flagship CW station WPIX in New York, they brought back the 1997 version of the WPIX Custom News Package by Non-Stop Music and used it until 2017.

• Like 1