WJLA New set

Muppetman03

WJLA's set from the now-defunct Park Place Studio was very basic in design, and with Sinclair having chosen to do all of their new builds in-house as of late, I'm not holding my breath on this new look being on par with the other stations in the DC metro market.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2023 at 5:13 PM, TennTV1983 said:

WJLA's set from the now-defunct Park Place Studio was very basic in design, and with Sinclair having chosen to do all of their new builds in-house as of late, I'm not holding my breath on this new look being on par with the other stations in the DC metro market.

I wasn't aware Park Place went out of business. They designed many of the current Scripps looks.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

According to a certain website that I cannot mention, the set will debut Tuesday, January 23 when they debut the new facility along with new evening anchor Scott Thuman.

Now that he'll be anchoring newscasts, will he still be doing his packages?   Or in this case, nodding in a camera as each station cuts to him "live" ?

12 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

Now that he'll be anchoring newscasts, will he still be doing his packages?   Or in this case, nodding in a camera as each station cuts to him "live" ?

Per the article....

"Thuman will continue in his role as chief political correspondent and cover world affairs on the nationally syndicated show, ‘Full Measure with Sharyl Attkisson’."

2 hours ago, noggi said:

WJLA’s new set debuts today

You’ve never seen a set like this before. 

Just kidding… it looks like every other set that’s been built in the last 10 or 15 years. 

Had you read the captions on the photos on this link, you would have seen that this is the current set... unless you have seen the new set somehow

Screenshot 2024-01-23 161033.png

30 minutes ago, Muppetman03 said:

Wow, it's gorgeous. The circular video screens behind the anchor desk look and feel like something I've never seen before (even though I have), and the wraparound video graphics look superb, smooth and seamless. For a Sinclair set, I expected mediocre or worse, but this is O&O-level or even near near network-level. It's that good IMO.

• Like 2

Looks fantastic. The monitor columns can be a bit overwhelming at times when a solid color (speaking of that red specifically). Overall, this is the type of set you're going to see copied/refined by competing firms. Super well done.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, NowBergen said:

Shocked they invested this much considering most of their sets are eh.

Well WJLA is their flagship station and DC is a top ten market so I’m assuming that is why they invested so much into this set. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

Okay this is a freaking cool set for Sinclair

They've been stepping up lately as far as their in-house builds go. Not just at WJLA, but at other stations as well.

On 1/29/2024 at 6:33 PM, newsman123 said:

Cool set. But the talent changes are god awful. These new anchors are unattractive dweebs! 

Oh, whatever. I'm sure you're a real looker, yourself.

• Thanks 2