BBC Pay

EVVTV12

I couldn’t find any previous topics for this, so I made one. 
The BBC has once again released its annual pay list. This is only for those getting pay from the BBC more than likely from the tv license fee. Gary Lineker still comes in on top with £1.35M ($1.74M). Everyone else is below £1M. BBC News main anchor Huw Edwards is still between £435,000 to £439,999 (roughly $563,000 to 569,000), which is way below what the big three network anchors make. 

Full list from the BBC: https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-66156287

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

I'm seeing a lot of sympathy going his way and anger at The Sun. There was apparently no crime committed and the "young person" in question says the story was rubbish.

The man’s also been hospitalized over this, so that’s also a factor. The story is complex, and there’s still a lot we don’t know, including both the motives of the accusers and the full severity of the accusations. I think a lot of the anger at The Sun is because they implied criminality; one article implied that Huw (still unnamed) “could face criminal charges.” This wouldn’t look good for them if he didn’t commit a crime, unsavory though his actions may be.

There’s also a broader discussion to be had about the right to privacy, if it was violated, and whether it can realistically be maintained in the case of a high profile individual at a public institution. If it turns out that none of the allegations amount to either criminal activity or workplace misconduct, one might ask if this ever should have been a story at all.

As far as misconduct is concerned, I can’t judge one way or another until we know absolutely all of the facts, especially considering that authorities found no evidence of a crime. It’s tempting for people to make a verdict, but it wouldn’t be an informed (or just) one. Sexual misconduct is a scourge on society, but so is defamation.

IMO the only appropriate thing I can say is that I hope everyone, including the alleged victims, Huw Edwards, and his family, gets much needed help and support.

Edited by nycnewsjunkie
  • Like 4