PHL17 will become The CW this fall

rear_flank

As was expected. Overall, no big adjustments in shuffling syndicated fare out of 8-10pm and plugging in CW content, but I do wonder if Nexstar will make any attempts at expanding the in-house news department into non-traditional slots for the area (11am hour, 1-3pm, the 7pm hour). Going up against Good Day and the national morning shows is a tall task, this could provide additional news exposure with no (or just one other newscast) competition. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2023 at 10:14 AM, PhillyWatch said:

As was expected. Overall, no big adjustments in shuffling syndicated fare out of 8-10pm and plugging in CW content, but I do wonder if Nexstar will make any attempts at expanding the in-house news department into non-traditional slots for the area (11am hour, 1-3pm, the 7pm hour). Going up against Good Day and the national morning shows is a tall task, this could provide additional news exposure with no (or just one other newscast) competition. 

Given NewsNation, even as lackluster as it is, there will be NN local programing on CW, guaranteed.

Edited by ABC 7 Denver
  • Sad 1

On 6/16/2023 at 10:54 PM, wofchristian said:

Are there markets without a MyNetwork affiliate? I’m wondering if they will air WWOR in the Philadelphia market as a temporary replacement. After that I expect them to try to get another local station, such as WFMZ to become a MyNetwork affiliate.

Yeah WSBK in Boston dropped it and no one else picked it up.

15 hours ago, Mughunter said:

So I am guessing PHL morning news is done when The CW takes over?

No they will move all programming to WPHL-TV since Nexstar owes CW/WPHL-TV. They are currently constructing a new news set as well set to debut in Oct/Nov

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Mughunter said:

So I am guessing PHL morning news is done when The CW takes over?

3 minutes ago, newsfan6 said:

No they will move all programming to WPHL-TV since Nexstar owes CW/WPHL-TV. They are currently constructing a new news set as well set to debut in Oct/Nov

3 minutes ago, newsfan6 said:

He was talking about morning news. CW programming is the only programming moving from WPSG to WPHL.

• 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, MediaZone4K said:

The question is, why does My Network TV still exist. I'm surprised it hasn't gone the way of UPN/the WB.

Fox doesn't have a catalogue anymore. Their indie stations need something to air.

Edited by ABC 7 Denver