PGA/LIV Merger

Bsean

I still laugh at the people who were trying to turn this into this being about Saudi involvement. Like nobody would ever dream of taking dirty money in this country. (Not saying Saudi money is dirty, but that's what they were trying to make it sound like.)

All this time it was about squashing a competitor, which is what I said in the first place.

I want you all to remember how you were used and now apply this lesson to everything else you hear in the media, especially when it comes from Washington.

• Like 3
  • Concerned 1

2 hours ago, DirtyHarry said:

Like nobody would ever dream of taking dirty money in this country. (Not saying Saudi money is dirty, but that's what they were trying to make it sound like.)

so is Saudi Arabia money dirty or not? you make it sound like the SG/TEGNA deal's dirty money mattered and this doesn't.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, TVLurker said:

so is Saudi Arabia money dirty or not? you make it sound like the SG/TEGNA deal's dirty money mattered and this doesn't.

It isn't dirty money for every place else they spend it. It isn't dirty for Tiffany's, it isn't dirty when some sheik has have his cancer cured at the Mayo Clinic, it isn't dirty when they buy F16's from us, but it's dirty for something as insignificant as golf? The people who allowed themselves to get sucked into the propaganda that Saudi involvement was somehow dirty were just basically puppets and used by the PGA and the networks. That's the bottom line.

Edited by DirtyHarry
  • Like 1
  • Concerned 1

The conspiratorialist side of me says that this is all set up in advance as a way for the Saudis to get to buy into the PGA. The PGA, I believe, is a non-profit. No way to buy into a non-profit except maybe through a backdoor merger like this.

Monahan and a bunch of key executives probably got payoffs and retention bonuses as well. That's what happens with all these mutual insurance companies that get gobbled up by another company, especially for profit companies.

You were all played.

• Sad 1

On 6/12/2023 at 12:59 PM, DirtyHarry said:

The conspiratorialist side of me says that this is all set up in advance as a way for the Saudis to get to buy into the PGA. The PGA, I believe, is a non-profit. No way to buy into a non-profit except maybe through a backdoor merger like this.

Monahan and a bunch of key executives probably got payoffs and retention bonuses as well. That's what happens with all these mutual insurance companies that get gobbled up by another company, especially for profit companies.

You were all played.

That is exactly what it feels like to me here. They were going to fight... Till they realize that it would be cheaper to merge and have a way to bring in way more cash then it currently does!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1