Jump to content

2023-24 Syndication News


Georgie56

Recommended Posts

On 8/8/2023 at 1:57 PM, Georgie56 said:


Update: these are syndicated half-hour reruns they’re testing. There’s a play-at-home game:

 

 

IMG_1450.jpeg

 

The set they are using is from another Fox First Run show Person, Place or Thing starring Melissa Peterman from that is premiering this fall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, abric said:

 

The set they are using is from another Fox First Run show Person, Place or Thing starring Melissa Peterman from that is premiering this fall.

Wasn't that just the You Bet Your Life set?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, KS-IL-IA said:

Wasn't that just the You Bet Your Life set?

 

Until the WGA and SAG strikes are over, Jay Leno is pausing production on YBYL in solidarity with the workers. Some will argue that the writers and actors did it to themselves and could care less if Hollywood sinks into the ocean, while ignoring the FACT that Americans of all political stripes would identify more with the everyday writers and others than with the execs who are more hated whether from a left ("Hollywood executives are too greedy!") or right ("Hollywood executives are too woke!") perspective. At one point, they will have to break bread because it's hard to imagine a situation where we're perpetually watching unscripted programming (some deliberately made to fill voids in the fall schedule) or repeats of Hallmark movies well into the Christmas season.

 

And for the record, as cliche as it sounds, Fox affiliates (especially O&Os) are on a better footing from a syndication perspective than the others. The others have to literally replace Dr. Phil, some of the non-Byron Allen courtroom shows and maybe at least one or two of the off-net shows that are no longer in production (Magnum P.I.?) for which The Conners is apparently the only newcomer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update from Omaha:

KMTV, channel 3: Dateline has been expanded to 2 hours, playing back-to-back episodes.

WOWT, channel 6: Starting September 11th, the afternoon syndication schedule will start with People Puzzler at 1:00pm, and end with InvestigateTV+ at 2:30pm, right before 6 News First at 3, which has seemed to move its way to weekdays, instead of every other weekday, and it leaves me wondering what will go in between. Maybe the daytime reruns of Jeopardy! at 1:30pm, and Inside Edition at 2:00pm, just to have a themed hour.

KETV, channel 7: Pretty much the same, with all syndicated shows on the station sticking around, except for Rachael Ray at 9:00am, and it leaves me wondering what will take over in the time slot. I figure it might be a 9:00am newscast, like they did with launching a 4:00pm newscast when the Ellen show was cancelled last year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

WOTV is going to air People Puzzler 10AM to 11AM on Sep 11, Sherri is moving to afternoons 4PM I'm guessing I can't see it replacing it with Rachel Ray on Wood TV at 2PM in my opinion. I think that The Goldbergs moves to the sister station WXSP in my opinion unless The Goldbergs is leaving syndication. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Megatron81 said:

WOTV is going to air People Puzzler 10AM to 11AM on Sep 11, Sherri is moving to afternoons 4PM I'm guessing I can't see it replacing it with Rachel Ray on Wood TV at 2PM in my opinion. I think that The Goldbergs moves to the sister station WXSP in my opinion unless The Goldbergs is leaving syndication. 

The Goldbergs will be in syndication at least  through Labor Day week and I doubt it is leaving.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

KSNW in Wichita is moving and expanding its "Good Day Kansas" from its current 12:30-1 p.m. to 11 a.m. to noon, effective Sept. 4. KSN already bumps the third hour of today and Hoda & Jenna an hour to run Kelly & Mark at 9, so I wonder what's going to be missing. Competition KAKE and KWCH already have news/local talk at 9.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, KS-IL-IA said:

Assuming Clarkson gets moved to 3p to replace Rachael?

 

2 hours ago, Oliverolang1 said:

The thing is Tamron Hall currently airs at 3.

I think he meant 2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update from Omaha:

KETV will replace Rachael Ray with.. surprise surprise, Tamron Hall at 9:00am, right after GMA, starting September 11th.

 

And it hits even harder when you realize that some ABC O&Os decided to move Tamron Hall from 10:00am EST to 2:00pm EST, right after GMA3.

 

Hall says practically the same thing for the WABC promo and the KETV promo, with the exception of timeslots and station branding.

 

Bonus: Tamron Hall already aired its first couple seasons on WOWT, channel 6, but they stopped airing it in 2020, I’m guessing?

 

I can’t share the video this comes from at this time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

KDAF is picking up the People’s Court rerun package from KTXA and The Big Bang Theory from KDFI September 4th. KTXA has also rejected the Judge Mathis reruns, so no word on where that is going yet (if it even gets rerun at all here).

Edited by Georgie56
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, KS-IL-IA said:

KSNW in Wichita is moving and expanding its "Good Day Kansas" from its current 12:30-1 p.m. to 11 a.m. to noon, effective Sept. 4. KSN already bumps the third hour of today and Hoda & Jenna an hour to run Kelly & Mark at 9, so I wonder what's going to be missing. Competition KAKE and KWCH already have news/local talk at 9.

 

Live's going away, according to TitanTV on KSNW's website. KSN News at Noon becomes an hour-long broadcast once again.

 

EDIT: I believe KAKE's is straight-up local talk while KWCH's is all news/weather. Don't quote me on this since I don't live in the market so I may be wrong.

Edited by TheRolyPoly
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Big Bang Theory reruns are moving from WDCA to WDCW starting September 4th.

 

WDCA will fill the missing hour with Extra and the Simpsons (currently Extra airs at 9:30 AM and noon) while WDCW will air only one rerun of black-ish and The Neighborhood daily instead of two.

Edited by MD TV
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

 

Live's going away, according to TitanTV on KSNW's website. KSN News at Noon becomes an hour-long broadcast once again.

 

EDIT: I believe KAKE's is straight-up local talk while KWCH's is all news/weather. Don't quote me on this since I don't live in the market so I may be wrong.

I live in Kansas and have watched them both. The line between news and talk is flimsy for each of them at 9.

18 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

 

I think he meant 2.

Yeah, apologies. Took a quick look at the KCRG website.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

alright we have some stuff going on in orlando now 

 

 

 

WESH: either ET (which has been on at 7pm for at least 15+ years now and has been on WESH in the 7pm hour since 1981) or access hollywood is going….somewhere may only be as far as wkcf. but they’re starting the 7pm news wars here. their own 7pm news will be going against WKMG’s decade old news starting 9/11. the rest of the schedule should be the same, we’ll find out when 9/11 gets here 

 

WRBW - they lose the Big Bang theory after 12 years. it’s (supposedly) moving to WKCF. anyway they’re flipping the court block and talk show blocks around…at least the week of 9/4. judge judy also moves to 7pm as a lead in to the 8pm news. 

 

WKCF - allegedly was getting the Big Bang theory on Labor Day but the schedule on tv passport shows the same it’s always been. 

 

 

quiet opening to September. things will be a lot different when everything starts on the 11th.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Matt S. said:

WESH: either ET (which has been on at 7pm for at least 15+ years now and has been on WESH in the 7pm hour since 1981) or access hollywood is going….somewhere may only be as far as wkcf. but they’re starting the 7pm news wars here. their own 7pm news will be going against WKMG’s decade old news starting 9/11. the rest of the schedule should be the same, we’ll find out when 9/11 gets here 

If it’s a half hour newscast I could see ET moving to 7:30 and AH moving to the sister station.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.