2023-24 Syndication News

Georgie56

On 6/28/2023 at 7:02 PM, VHSgoodiesWA said:

Speaking of UK game shows, Noel Edmunds' version of Deal was 100x better than Howie's. No fancy models opening cases (or in this case, boxes), Noel had a sense of humor, the contestants came from all walks of life, and it wasn't gimmicky. Most of all, it had NINE £250,000 winners, the highest prize on the show. US Deal only had two $1,000,000 winners after they added numerous million-dollar cases to the game. UK Deal never did that.

I suspect Person, Place or Thing will go to my local FOX station in central/SE WA, just like with Pictionary and 25 Words or Less.

I heard somewhere that Vanna will stay on with Ryan Seacrest in 2024-25 on Wheel of Fortune. Seacrest has never been married so that takes away a female 'Seacrest' from taking over Vanna's role.

Just because one country's show had more winners than the other doesn't mean it is better. IMO, they both were boring.

Also, "you heard somewhere?" Where did you hear it? And what are you *even* talking about with Seacrest being married?

• Like 3

WJZY has tweaked its afternoon lineup, swapping their afternoon Extra/TMZ with People’s Court. The current Judge Milan airs at 1, Extra at 3 and TMZ at 3:30. So I guess they are probably not picking up the reruns this fall. No point in  moving it if they were. Another weird change similar to WSOC’s swapping Sherri and Tamron and replacing Phil with Feud at 4. WMYT’s schedule stays intact.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

According to this piece, Gray is syndicating InvestigateTV+ to all of its stations. It will also be offered to stations in non-Gray markets as well.

That has been known for a while about that coming to Gray stations. If you go to the search bar on a certain station’s home page and type in InvestigateTV+ an article will come up just like that one for most stations that tells what time(s) it will be airing this fall.  WBTV will be airing it at 3:30pm which if they keep QC at 3, will cut it to 30 minutes. (Not trying to get a list started). 

Edited by Nelson R.
  • Like 1

On 7/31/2023 at 8:06 AM, Nelson R. said:

That has been known for a while about that coming to Gray stations. If you go to the search bar on a certain station’s home page and type in InvestigateTV+ an article will come up just like that one for most stations that tells what time(s) it will be airing this fall.  WBTV will be airing it at 3:30pm which if they keep QC at 3, will cut it to 30 minutes. (Not trying to get a list started). 

WBAY is obviously not taking the Dr. Phil reruns (or bumping them to 11am unless they're like 'they're yours' to WCWF or WACY); most of them look to be taking it at that pre-4 slot, which is for the best.

Edited by mrschimpf
  • Like 1

Interesting choice with the indictment today, with WTMJ just continuing to roll Scripps News coverage of it featuring commentary and anchor shots rather than the NBC News network coverage, which boxed in panels with a larger window boringly focused on satellite trucks and protesters for a thing that cannot be recorded for a departure that takes only two minutes. WGBA took NBC News; not for this thread, but ABC News has an even more pointless shot of a dumb AliExpress message flag in front of the courthouse just flapping monotonously.

We'll likely see this more with the big chains going forward who may have finally hit their limit with pointless network coverage that's just a Trojan Horse to stream on their live streaming networks.

22 hours ago, mrschimpf said:

Interesting choice with the indictment today, with WTMJ just continuing to roll Scripps News coverage of it featuring commentary and anchor shots rather than the NBC News network coverage, which boxed in panels with a larger window boringly focused on satellite trucks and protesters for a thing that cannot be recorded for a departure that takes only two minutes. WGBA took NBC News; not for this thread, but ABC News has an even more pointless shot of a dumb AliExpress message flag in front of the courthouse just flapping monotonously.

We'll likely see this more with the big chains going forward who may have finally hit their limit with pointless network coverage that's just a Trojan Horse to stream on their live streaming networks.

As long as Donald Trump is doing something weird or in court, Biden has another presser on Ukraine, Mitch McConnell is on death watch and the threat of "hot hot heat" (and I don't mean an indie rock band) or "return of COVID" looms, expect daytime breaking news alerts to become the network norm unless syndication somehow regains its luster - of which it hasn't at least unless you're a Fox O&O (Sherri, J-Hud, YBYL, TMZ), ABC O&O (Live!, Tamron Hall) or carry Wheel of Fortune and/or Jeopardy!

Nothing yet for the greatest city in the world (and it's not the one Alan Kalter talked about every night post-9/11)...maybe my fellow Houstonian @H-Town TV Fan can fill me in with what he has about Houston since it's been awhile since I last commented on here! Only change of note - whoop-de-doo - is that "Houston Life" on KPRC got a new co-host (Tessa Barrera from radio rocker KTBZ's long-running "Rod Ryan Show"). Given that KTRK calls themselves "The Most-Watched Streaming Local News Channel in America", I'm shocked they still have the news on the linear channel 13 at 6:30 p.m. Guess they're waiting for Ryan Seacrest to take over before they pounce on taking Wheel of Fortune from KHOU, even though the latter is going to remain with TEGNA (for now) since the Standard General deal (and resale to Cox of KHOU + WFAA + KVUE) got called off.

Edited by SS8609

16 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

WBBM is moving Drew Barrymore back to 2pm this fall. (h/t @24994J)

So LMAD back to 9 then? They’re getting rid of their 9am news? Or expanding their 9am news to an hour and putting LMAD at 3? The latter would be unprecedented for the Central Time Zone. I guess most likely LMAD back to 9 and starting a 3pm news.

Edited by Nelson R.
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

So LMAD back to 9 then? They’re getting rid of their 9am news? Or expanding their 9am news to an hour and putting LMAD at 3? The latter would be unprecedented for the Central Time Zone. I guess most likely LMAD back to 9 and starting a 3pm news.

Yeah, the whole story should've been posted. LMAD is moving to 3, and I'm assuming the already-hour-long 9am news will air OTA. The 9:30 has just been streaming-only til now.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

Their new afternoon schedule is: 

2pm - Drew Barrymore (both halves, since that show is keeping the half-hour format)

3pm - LMAD

4pm - News

Edited by Georgie56

5 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

2pm - Drew Barrymore (both halves, since that show is keeping the half-hour format)

3pm - LMAD

4pm - News

So they will be the first station I know of to air LMAD at 3 outside the Eastern Time Zone.

1 hour ago, Georgie56 said:

3pm - LMAD

4pm - News

I get the logic of LMAD at 3 (counterprogram Jeopardy! on 7), but Drew seems more a 3pm show 

• Like 1

On 8/3/2023 at 3:34 PM, mrschimpf said:

Thing is Scripps News (awful name) and others like it are barely better than local news quality with unknown anchors and commentators. But in the last few years WTMJ has chased away most of its local news viewers and now it’s looking like they are doing the same for those that watch NBC network news shows and special reports. 

Edited by doublejman69
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, doublejman69 said:

Thing is Scripps News (awful name) and others like it are barely better than local news quality with unknown anchors and commentators.

I argue I'd rather not know the anchors for a news network because that means they're working there to work and report news and be a pure product like the AP/UPI was for newspapers. If I don't know much about an anchor or reporter, that's a good thing, and I was happy with their coverage on Thursday rather than the dunk culture that's become network news.

At least Scripps is a trustworthy name and staid, rather than "NewsNation", which is obviously knocking off the Fox Nation name.

• Thought-Provoking 1

3 hours ago, TheNewsTV said:

WABC moving Tamron Hall to 2 pm.

1 hour ago, Nelson R. said:

I

So is WPVI and WTVD. All 3 stations are starting a 10am news to replace Rachael Ray.

I'm surprised it won't be a 3pm newscast. If WABC wasn't already producing Kelly & Mark I'd take a lifestyle show over yet another newscast. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

So is WPVI and WTVD. All 3 stations are starting a 10am news to replace Rachael Ray.

1 hour ago, MediaZone4K said:

I'm surprised it won't be a 3pm newscast. If WABC wasn't already producing Kelly & Mark I'd take a lifestyle show over yet another newscast. 

Have WABC or WTVD even announced they're doing a 10am newscast yet?!

Edited by CircleSeven
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

I

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

Have WABC or WTVD even announced they're doing a 10am newscast yet?!

*If this is happening* I should say. 

Edited by MediaZone4K

44 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

Sorry if I jumped the gun but all 3 stations have the same schedule…

They have the same schedule now. And WABC has been airing the Tamron Hall 2pm move promos since last week. But if Channel 7 haven't announced their 10am plans post-fall (whether its a newscast or some other program) via a promo or a press release, you can't assume that they'll have the same schedule as PVI or WTVD after September. That is clear speculation.