2023-24 Syndication News

Georgie56

35 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

I’m really trying to figure out which stations would end up going for this; the Fox-owned MNTs?  Sinclair?  I can’t see Nexstar cutting back those successful local morning shows to air this.

• Like 1

This has Weigel, the CBS indies and the Fox Plus stations written all over it, along with Scripps just going by a raw eyeball of where it would air in NFL markets (Green Bay it'll likely be WACY for sure, likely KMCI for Kansas City, WCIU for Chicago and WMLW for Milwaukee).

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, mrschimpf said:

This has Weigel, the CBS indies and the Fox Plus stations written all over it, along with Scripps just going by a raw eyeball of where it would air in NFL markets (Green Bay it'll likely be WACY for sure, likely KMCI for Kansas City, WCIU for Chicago and WMLW for Milwaukee).

If it airs on KDKA+, it'd have to air after the 2 hours of morning news from 7-9am because I'm not sure if they'd be willing to just push that aside for GMFB.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

4 hours ago, Glimmer said:

I’m really trying to figure out which stations would end up going for this; the Fox-owned MNTs?  Sinclair?  I can’t see Nexstar cutting back those successful local morning shows to air this.

2 hours ago, mrschimpf said:

Given the way the current syndication schedule is in Omaha, I’d say KPTM-DT3 (CW) because they already air Fox NFL Kickoff in the market, and they don’t have to air The National Desk in the morning.

NextTV gave us more:

Stations can take one or two hours each day and air the show whenever they want. GMFB is being sold to stations with a 7-7 barter split, meaning there will be seven minutes of national advertising and seven minutes of local advertising in each hour-long episode. Deals are currently in progress, according to Sony, and will be announced at a later date.

So this isn’t meant to air exclusively in the morning hours like Live with Kelly & Mark is and Daily Buzz was. It will also premiere sometime this summer, before the preseason kicks off.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, MediaZone4K said:

Love this idea but if daytime television's target audience is women, how many will support this show? 

Women make up almost half of the NFL fanbase.

• Like 1
  • Thought-Provoking 1

10 hours ago, mrschimpf said:

I wouldn't be surprised if WFLD/WPWR makes a play for this (rather than WCIU). They're looking to add/launch new content (particularly sports-related content) and GMFB would be a perfect fit. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jase said:

I wouldn't be surprised if WFLD/WPWR makes a play for this (rather than WCIU). They're looking to add/launch new content (particularly sports-related content) and GMFB would be a perfect fit. 

I put the MyNet stations under the Fox Plus name now just because it's much more appropriate now rather than MyNet, and you're definitely correct, they have a headstart with WFLD as the Bears' offcial station.

• Like 1

good morning football is probably gonna be on WRDQ or WRBW here, likely the latter because their morning schedule changes every year and we’re fox O&Os in an NFC secondary market. 

the way our scheduling has gone lately tho in this market, it’ll probably end up on WFTV.

I’d like to see Good Morning Football on WJZY at 10am, sandwiched between the morning and midday news, with the game show block moved to the afternoon so it doesn’t have to compete with LMAD and TPIR anymore. I mean they are the official station of the Panthers so it makes sense.

I guess the way people are talking this appears headed to the beta stations though so make that WMYT. Would still make sense.

Edited by Nelson R.

Talking (speculating) about station GROUP pick-ups is fine, but we don't (aren't) going to do this for INDIVIDUAL stations. We'll find out in 3-6 months.

Edited by 24994J
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CoopInTheHouse said:

And why is that?

Does “Shake it Off” mean something to ya?

The number of women in the NFL fanbase has been growing since long before a certain female superstar started dating a certain Chiefs player.

Not to mention there are women on NFL coaching staffs and front offices.

Edited by Georgie56
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

an update on the world's first television station...

WRGB (CBS 6) Schenectady/Albany, NY is moving it's longtime 6:30pm news to 7, and moving the CBS Evening News from 7 PM down to 6:30 PM. 

Previously WXXA (Fox 23) had a 7pm newscast produced by WTEN (ABC, 10) which it moved to 6:30 presumably to compete with CBS 6. 

• Like 1

On 3/24/2024 at 9:32 AM, MediaZone4K said:

WRGB (CBS 6) Schenectady/Albany, NY is moving it's longtime 6:30pm news to 7, and moving the CBS Evening News from 7 PM down to 6:30 PM. 

Previously WXXA (Fox 23) had a 7pm newscast produced by WTEN (ABC, 10) which it moved to 6:30 presumably to compete with CBS 6. 

Sooner or later, there won't be any affiliates that time-shift the network news.  Who's left (in ET and CT?). Pacific seems to have more leeway due to their location.

Edited by tyrannical bastard

27 minutes ago, tyrannical bastard said:

Sooner or later, there won't be any affiliates that time-shift the network news.  Who's left (in ET and CT?). Pacific seems to have more leeway due to their location.

WSB 2 Atlanta delays ABC World News Tonight until 7 pm, opting to air their 6 pm local news as a 1-hour bock. This puts them head to head with WAGA Fox 5 who does the same. (Both don't list 6:30 as a separate newscast). 

On 3/24/2024 at 9:32 AM, MediaZone4K said:

When does this go in effect? Because I don't see any articles or releases. And its guide is not updated to reflect the change. 

1 hour ago, MediaZone4K said:

WSB 2 Atlanta delays ABC World News Tonight until 7 pm, opting to air their 6 pm local news as a 1-hour bock. This puts them head to head with WAGA Fox 5 who does the same. (Both don't list 6:30 as a separate newscast). 

KDKA Pittsburgh does that with the CBS Evening News.