2023-24 Syndication News

Georgie56

23 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

KDFW ran Fox’s Name That Tune today at 12:30. The rerun was half of an episode that aired in primetime. I wonder if Fox is testing NTT for a possible half-hour strip.

Update: these are syndicated half-hour reruns they’re testing. There’s a play-at-home game:

IMG_1450.jpeg

On 8/7/2023 at 1:34 PM, Georgie56 said:

KDFW ran Fox’s Name That Tune today at 12:30. The rerun was half of an episode that aired in primetime. I wonder if Fox is testing NTT for a possible half-hour strip.

WITI’s running it too

On 8/7/2023 at 1:34 PM, Georgie56 said:
Edited by Glimmer

The Conners is finally coming to syndication.

"Tom Werner’s Werner Entertainment, the production company behind ABC’s popular comedy series The Conners, has signed a global licensing deal with Lionsgate’s Worldwide Television Distribution Group and Debmar-Mercury to make past seasons of the sitcom available on streaming and in syndication."

https://tvline.com/news/the-conners-how-to-watch-episodes-streaming-online-1235025344/

On 8/8/2023 at 7:07 PM, Action Newsroom said:

The Conners is finally coming to syndication.

"Tom Werner’s Werner Entertainment, the production company behind ABC’s popular comedy series The Conners, has signed a global licensing deal with Lionsgate’s Worldwide Television Distribution Group and Debmar-Mercury to make past seasons of the sitcom available on streaming and in syndication."

https://tvline.com/news/the-conners-how-to-watch-episodes-streaming-online-1235025344/

Granted Marcy Carsey isn’t involved in the series, but I’m surprised they didn’t have Carsey-Warner Distribution handle syndication and digital distribution of The Conners, in line with the parent series… funny considering Carsey-Warner still technically exists, on account of it producing That ‘90s Show (another spinoff of one of their properties) for Netflix, along with continuing to syndicate its previous series for television and streaming.

Having Lionsgate/Debmar-Mercury syndicate The Conners would make more sense if they had the distribution rights to the rest of the Carsey-Werner library (or at least, Roseanne). Otherwise, anyone wanting to carry both Roseanne and The Conners has to reach out to two different distributors to run two directly related shows.

Edited by T.L. Hughes
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Newsjunkie24 said:

Nice to see court judges come back without Byron Allen producing it. I only wished this new production company gave Mathis and Millian their new shows instead of Byron.

I wonder if Couples Court will continue to air in reruns now? I guess they still could, it wouldn’t be any different than Jerry Springer and Judge Jerry airing at the same time or Greg Mathis and Marilyn Milan’s new shows airing at the same time as the old reruns. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nelson R. said:

I wonder if Couples Court will continue to air in reruns now? I guess they still could, it wouldn’t be any different than Jerry Springer and Judge Jerry airing at the same time or Greg Mathis and Marilyn Milan’s new shows airing at the same time as the old reruns. 

And another distributor is trying to partner with Amazon to bring reruns of Judy Justice to syndication, so they could be competing eventually with the original Judge Judy.

• Like 3

Yeah, I was surprised that Curtlers Court didn't go to Byron Allen, kinda surprised it was cleared this year as well since it wasn't mentioned early this year like most syndication shows are. Access Hollywood is moving from WOTV to WXMI Fox17 saw a promo for it today. This ends a 19-year run on LIN/Media General/Nexstar for Access Hollywood in West Michigan TV Market.

I was confused and thought Ryan was guest hosting for a moment but then I realized the show is going into summer reruns despite having a new host. The bug has Mark's name and the mugs say Ryan. That's cool. Some shows would make a major deal out of the discrespacy and avoid reruns. 

IMG_4154.jpeg

Edited by MediaZone4K
  • Like 1

WATN is bringing back Live with Kelly and Mark to their weekday morning schedule beginning next month.

I'm not sure what their afternoon schedule will look like now that Dr. Phil has ended, but I would suspect Jennifer Hudson and Karamo are sticking around.

• Angry 1

51 minutes ago, tyrannical bastard said:

Could some of these late additions be due to the ongoing strikes?

Like what happened in 1988, it's likely that as far as sitcoms/dramas (what few are left), they'll wait to launch those until the strikes are settled; also expect Kelly to launch late, and Tamron and Sherrie to focus on different topics so we're not getting into 'cast members from non-union Tubi movies' territory as far as guests.

• Like 4

On 8/7/2023 at 8:58 AM, Nelson R. said:

So is WPVI and WTVD. All 3 stations are starting a 10am news to replace Rachael Ray.

On 8/7/2023 at 11:50 AM, CircleSeven said:

Have WABC or WTVD even announced they're doing a 10am newscast yet?!

On 8/7/2023 at 2:02 PM, CircleSeven said:

They have the same schedule now.

https://tvnewscheck.com/programming/article/abc-owned-television-stations-announce-10-a-m-newscasts-for-wabc-wpvi-wtvd/

Edited by 24994J
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

The future of Big 3 affiliates in all markets #1-#50. If it ain't network programming, it's news. More news. And more news. 

Cutlers Court sounds like a CW+ pickup. It's either that or KCYU/KFFX in central WA.

Yes, NTT is repeats from the 2021 and 2022 seasons, in 1/2 hour strips.

*Could Beat Shazam be next, I wonder? Especialy IF Jamie and Corinne were to return? His latest health update has more good news in it.

• Sad 2

I can understand a 10 AM newscast in the case of Fox and CW affiliates that have news beginning at 4/4:30/7 AM. For WABC as an example: 10 am news sandwiched between syndicated programming at 9 and 11 AM, then the Noon news feels odd. I suspect they didn't want to mess with Kelly and Mark's or The View's timeslots, so why didn't they do a 3pm? From the way ABC News pre-empts GH, I doubt they care that much about moving it up to 2pm where some stations have kept it for years now.

I hope these will be light morning fluff products and not straight newscasts. From what I've seen however, Fox & CW stations with their own news departments (not newscasts produced by a big three affiliate) are better at pulling the looser morning format off. 

Edited by MediaZone4K
  • Sad 1

On 8/14/2023 at 9:14 PM, mrschimpf said:

Like what happened in 1988, it's likely that as far as sitcoms/dramas (what few are left), they'll wait to launch those until the strikes are settled; also expect Kelly to launch late, and Tamron and Sherrie to focus on different topics so we're not getting into 'cast members from non-union Tubi movies' territory as far as guests.

But where else are guests gonna plug in their latest 'non-union tubi holiday movie' like 'A corgi for christmas' then? 🤔/slightly sarc.

Edited by justin2kx
  • Haha 3