2023-24 Syndication News

Georgie56

39 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

So wonder if ET will go to 10.2 or WACH? WLTX doesn’t have room in prime access unless they cancelled the 7:00 news. WOLO has Wheel and Jeopardy.

From WIS's release, it's the first time Local News Live is being offered on a station's main channel (at least from what I've seen).   I expect it to be something that is part of Gray's schedule, and could easily be the "filler" of an otherwise local news-intensive schedule aside from network programming, and/or lifestyle programs.

• Sad 1

very random syndication update far south of where WIS is - welcome to here, orlando:

the drew barrymore show has moved from WKCF to.....wait for it.....WKMG. first 2023-24 change of the year, 3 months before the tv season starts. rachael ray has moved to 1:37am where it'll stay till all stations lose it. this is the first WKMG syndication change in 6 years and their first time picking up a new show since crime watch daily in 2015. also their first time taking a show from another station in well over a decade. WKCF has expanded we the people with lauren lake to an hour as a result. this is also our first time getting both half hours of drew. 

only signifigant change here so far. will keep you posted the closer it gets to september

6 hours ago, Matt S. said:

very random syndication update far south of where WIS is - welcome to here, orlando:

the drew barrymore show has moved from WKCF to.....wait for it.....WKMG. first 2023-24 change of the year, 3 months before the tv season starts. rachael ray has moved to 1:37am where it'll stay till all stations lose it. this is the first WKMG syndication change in 6 years and their first time picking up a new show since crime watch daily in 2015. also their first time taking a show from another station in well over a decade. WKCF has expanded we the people with lauren lake to an hour as a result. this is also our first time getting both half hours of drew. 

only signifigant change here so far. will keep you posted the closer it gets to september

Wow…that’s an odd time for a show to move. That would almost be a 2022-23 change as shows have moved at midseason. But not often. 

Edited by Nelson R.

Per tsherck on RadioDiscussions, apparently 48 Hours is entering syndication because it is replacing Rachael Ray on WANE at 3am in Fort Wayne. Interesting. Also Person, Place or Thing is replacing You Bet Your Life at 9:30am and 1:37am on the same station. 

It will be interesting where Person, Place Or Thing goes to Sinclair, Nexstar or Scripps since TEGNA doesn't ever pick up syndication for WZZM in West Michigan. I wonder if ICrime has been renewed or not and if Elizabeth would remain as host or get a new host because Elizabeth has her own show on NewsNation. 48 Hours the same 3 TV groups I said before.

Without further adieu, the WBNX fall 2023 schedule.

Person, Place or Thing, People Puzzler, Justice for the People with Judge Milan and the Equalizer coming to WBNX. 

No Conners at least on WBNX.

They keep Judge Mathis and People’s Court reruns. EDIT: Actually they never had the original episodes of either. They were on WUAB. Interesting.

Edited by Nelson R.

With Mathis and Milan both getting new court shows, I wonder how many stations besides WBNX will take the reruns of Judge Mathis and the People's Court? WUPW has carried both since at least the late 2000's. Not sure if they'll carry the reruns or not. I suspect they might put them in an overnight slot. They're doing it with the Maury reruns, airing just before a block of infomercials.

21 minutes ago, Newsjunkie24 said:

With Mathis and Milan both getting new court shows, I wonder how many stations besides WBNX will take the reruns of Judge Mathis and the People's Court? WUPW has carried both since at least the late 2000's. Not sure if they'll carry the reruns or not. I suspect they might put them in an overnight slot. They're doing it with the Maury reruns, airing just before a block of infomercials.

I expect WMYT will air the reruns. WJZY will probably pick up the new shows, Person, Place or Thing, and maybe move the late night runs of 25 Words or Less and Pictionary to daytime. Maybe even expand the news but I think 3pm, 10am or 11am news is overkill.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2023 at 8:07 AM, Nelson R. said:

Per tsherck on RadioDiscussions, apparently 48 Hours is entering syndication because it is replacing Rachael Ray on WANE at 3am in Fort Wayne. 

That sounds tailor-made for the CBS independent stations. Won't be surprised if KTXA and WSBK air it at 9am, considering both air Forensic Justice and Scene of the Crime at 8am.

I know we have talked about this before for previous years, but why hasn’t the BBC, ITV, and Channel 4 tired to sell some of their shows to the US syndicate market? I’ll say it, I will watch Countdown, Pointless, and Tipping Point before I watch another newscast. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, EVVTV12 said:

I know we have talked about this before for previous years, but why hasn’t the BBC, ITV, and Channel 4 tired to sell some of their shows to the US syndicate market? I’ll say it, I will watch Countdown, Pointless, and Tipping Point before I watch another newscast. 

As long as it's down with the same formats, sets, graphics, and music otherwise we'd end up with the current rendition of The Chase

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EVVTV12 said:

They have different commercial break structures for one, along with an entirely different structure to their unions and they're royalties overall, so unless it's packed into an ad-friendly format like Benny Hill and Monty Python were, it's usually passed on. There's also 'oh no scary accents!' syndrome that makes them a hard sell (though all those Discovery reality shows with bad mic work needing to be subtitled/lots of mumbling are much worse).

But the other thing is a lot of folks have long figured out VPNs to watch direct from overseas without the obnoxious sell-throughs many syndicated shows have now (theme weeks and 'special offers'), and UK-specific streaming services now exist in the US, so that's where their focus went long ago, along with public television. It's also why BBC America is just an American rerun farm now, because AMC's budget cuts have killed their acquisition budget.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Concerned 1

2 hours ago, mrschimpf said:

They have different commercial break structures for one, along with an entirely different structure to their unions and they're royalties overall, so unless it's packed into an ad-friendly format like Benny Hill and Monty Python were, it's usually passed on. There's also 'oh no scary accents!' syndrome that makes them a hard sell (though all those Discovery reality shows with bad mic work needing to be subtitled/lots of mumbling are much worse).

But the other thing is a lot of folks have long figured out VPNs to watch direct from overseas without the obnoxious sell-throughs many syndicated shows have now (theme weeks and 'special offers'), and UK-specific streaming services now exist in the US, so that's where their focus went long ago, along with public television. It's also why BBC America is just an American rerun farm now, because AMC's budget cuts have killed their acquisition budget.

I think some of those game shows are on Britbox.

• Like 3

WXMI Fox17 has replaced The List & ICrime is now a full hour 2PM to 3PM. Glad that The List got canceled as it wasn't a very good show to begin just like DBL on TEGNA's WZZM needs to be cancel DBL as well in my opinion. 

On 6/18/2023 at 5:38 PM, mrschimpf said:

Speaking of UK game shows, Noel Edmunds' version of Deal was 100x better than Howie's. No fancy models opening cases (or in this case, boxes), Noel had a sense of humor, the contestants came from all walks of life, and it wasn't gimmicky. Most of all, it had NINE £250,000 winners, the highest prize on the show. US Deal only had two $1,000,000 winners after they added numerous million-dollar cases to the game. UK Deal never did that.

I suspect Person, Place or Thing will go to my local FOX station in central/SE WA, just like with Pictionary and 25 Words or Less.

I heard somewhere that Vanna will stay on with Ryan Seacrest in 2024-25 on Wheel of Fortune. Seacrest has never been married so that takes away a female 'Seacrest' from taking over Vanna's role.

• Thanks 1
  • Concerned 1

Has anyone watched WTTG's in house produced LION Lunch Hour and the DMV Zone? I like Fox 5's creative efforts at filling syndication holes with something other than newscasts. Now "DMV Zone" needs to switch up and lower the volume of their background music. It isnt needed for every segment. The hosts also needs to lower their voices. 

Edited by MediaZone4K