Comcast announces $20 streaming service ‘NOW TV’ with Peacock included

DirtyHarry

1 hour ago, froyo49 said:

Sounds like a similar lineup as Philo, except with The Weather Channel instead of AccuWeather and a pitiful 20 hour DVR instead of a 1 year DVR

You're confusing the amount of storage space and the length of time any given program can be kept on the DVR. Unless, of course, you really do want to record 8,760 hours of content and not watch any of it till summer of next year. (Is fast-forwarding through commercials that enjoyable?)

20 hours has proven to be plenty for me, though I don't watch much linear TV these days.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I’m aware that Philo has an unlimited DVR and recordings last a year. Still, personally for me, Comcast’s 20 hour capacity is not enough. I tend to procrastinate and I record a lot of shows, so by the time I get around to watching it, it’ll probably be gone with a 20 hour DVR. I don’t have to worry about that with Philo, but that’s just me

• Like 6

Hmm...Comcast has elected to bring their NOWTV service to the US. Yeah, 20 hr DVR? Are they out of their minds? 🤣😂

I don't know if this is a viable option for me as the lack of sports channels (outside of Peacock and what's offered on Xumo) is inadequate. For non-sports people, even Philo is superior

• Like 1

What’s odd about the initial lineup is that, whereas the European versions of NOW include networks owned by Sky (which Comcast owns), none of Comcast/NBCU’s networks (MSNBC, CNBC, USA Network, Syfy, Universal Kids, etc.) are included in the lineup of the U.S. version.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, T.L. Hughes said:

What’s odd about the initial lineup is that, whereas the European versions of NOW include networks owned by Sky (which Comcast owns), none of Comcast/NBCU’s networks (MSNBC, CNBC, USA Network, Syfy, Universal Kids, etc.) are included in the lineup of the U.S. version.

Also missing:  Local stations. Not everyone can get their local stations with an antenna...

• Like 5