BREAKING: Don Lemon out at CNN

MD TV

On 4/24/2023 at 9:17 PM, mountainave said:

NBC Universal's CEO was fired for an inappropriate relationship with an employee.

Is the rapture happening today!? I guess they said fire everyone at once so the public doesnt have enough time to digest everyting, lol.

Awaiting word from CBS and ABC now.

Edit: Lemon is a part of the self important "I have all the answers, the opposing view is outright wrong" scream television culture.

Edited by MediaZone4K

On 4/24/2023 at 8:36 PM, mountainave said:

Reporting suggests this interview may have been the final straw

That was downright gross, if any of us spoke that way to someone in our workplace we’d be fired, it’s becoming increasingly obvious and will only get more obvious that this was a long overdue decision. 

I feel bad for what Poppy & Kaitlan have had to endure for the last 6 months.

This is the why the f**k did I take this job face, my favorite part was her unlocking her phone, completely checked out from what was going on. 23D200AA-107E-48AB-B4EC-248AB3BD9614.thumb.jpeg.5efcc8ee8edbb489885337e7c0018115.jpeg

Edited by jrogo
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mountainave said:

Reporting suggests this interview may have been the final straw

Poppy was professional as to not even peep during this back and forth.  A commenter on the tweet said it perfectly “someone who is not black describing the black experience and incorrectly would be very frustrating. I think his style is more suited to prime time than a perky morning show.” I’m with Don on this one. I too wouldn’t let someone spout lies to me and think they’re not going to be corrected.  It’s too bad people are so soft these days.  They had a disagreement, they didn’t get nasty and even shook hands at the end. What else do people want? We don’t always have to agree, but we should, at the very least, keep it civil.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bogusabc7breakingnews said:

Poppy was professional as to not even peep during this back and forth.  A commenter on the tweet said it perfectly “someone who is not black describing the black experience and incorrectly would be very frustrating. I think his style is more suited to prime time than a perky morning show.” I’m with Don on this one. I too wouldn’t let someone spout lies to me and think they’re not going to be corrected.  It’s too bad people are so soft these days.  They had a disagreement, they didn’t get nasty and even shook hands at the end. What else do people want? We don’t always have to agree, but we should, at the very least, keep it civil.  

Looks to me like Poppy is thanking the guest for being on the show and Don says “can we move on?” which is when Vivek laughs and Poppy has a visibly disturbed expression. Hardly civil if I’ve got that right. 

I’m celebrating Don’s dismissal as well. That video is exactly what he does, makes every single story about himself. Good riddance.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, mightynine said:

Someone mentioned replacing Don and my thought is: why? Let CNN This Morning roll with the two anchors they have and see if something’s there. It’s not like you’re putting ratings at risk with that show at the moment. 

I agree, let's give some breathing room and see how it goes. There's hardly any rush to bring someone new in. I rather have them take their time and find the best replacement who would enhance the program. 

Edited by tvtime07
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Dom Lemon should've been fired years ago at CNN and also saying any women 50 or older isn't in her prime what he said about Nikki Hayley a few months ago should've gotten him canned. Poppy & Kaitlin were happy when Dom got the ax tons more at CNN as well.

• Like 2