WFTX new set construction

ByChaseMcP

• 1 month later...

The set debuted Monday during their 5pm show. Looks like all green screens, weather wall included, have been eschewed in favor of monitor arrays. There is a weather center desk to the right of the anchor desk, and they are bridged by a double-wide, multi-panel video screen. Tuning in last night I saw half of it used for right-anchor OTS, the other half for weather, and the whole for a generic background.

IMG_0567.jpeg

IMG_0566.jpeg

IMG_0565.jpeg

IMG_0564.jpeg

IMG_0563.jpeg

IMG_0562.jpeg

Edited by ByChaseMcP
  • Like 1

Looks like a variant of WITI Milwaukee's main set. Different desk, but both have an L-shaped desk in the corner. Even the 3x3 matrix wall is in the same place on the set.

• Like 1

I'm not impressed but it is an improvement over the 100% virtual set they had before.

EDIT: I was wondering who the two folks were on set... I just realized that's Chris Earl (formerly with KCRG) and Nadeen Yanes (formerly with WKMG). Woah.

Edited by TheRolyPoly
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

When I was working there (I moved this past December) I did hear that they sort of piecemealed the design from other stations. It’s a rather small studio and there are support columns that couldn’t be moved so they had to work around those limitations.

I did notice that there was a new open to the 6pm show on the night the set debuted but all the other shows are using the current Scripps look. Not sure if it was a test or something specially approved or what.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LexTVandRadio said:

Was kind of hoping that would be a new Scripps graphic package on the anchor desk monitor but keep dreaming. 

They did make custom mods to the Scripps package for the opens (making them kinda similar to the KHON version of the KOIN Nexstar package):

Edited by T.L. Hughes
  • Thanks 2