BREAKING: Warner Bros. Discovery Leaving RSN Business

Georgie56

1 hour ago, tyrannical bastard said:

If AT&T and Bally disappear, other than NBC Sports, who's left?

spectrum w/the LA networks, plus team owned networks MASN, marquee, MSG, Altitude, YES, SNY, and NESN 

Edited by atlnews2
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2023 at 1:25 PM, DENDude said:

Put baseball back on local broadcast stations again & add a streaming partner.  Broadcast worked for years before the RSN's, it can work again.

That is, quite honestly, a very good idea. It's well known that the only thing many people still turn to linear TV for is live sports. If I was running an independent station, I'd most definitely be looking into some local sports rights...if the price is right.

• Like 2

On 2/25/2023 at 1:25 PM, DENDude said:

Put baseball back on local broadcast stations again & add a streaming partner.  Broadcast worked for years before the RSN's, it can work again.

Agree, and if MLB had a streaming app where I could watch all games of every team without region locks, I’d shell out the money for it. I’m sure a lot of other people would too. Same goes for NHL/NBA.

The NFL essentially has that service already with Sunday Ticket; why can’t the other leagues have something like that?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JCB4TV said:

Which essentially resets (outside of Comcast) the channel's original ownership group, funnily enough. Unlike when the channel started though, the Astros are in a much better financial (and competitive) position here, and you don't need to bang a trash can to know that. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JCB4TV said:

Meanwhile in Denver, Rockies games will be televised on AT&T SportsNet — for now

I wonder whether Altitude will get to acquire the Rockies and Jazz.

The Jazz are not in their circulation area. The Rockies are, but with Altitude still blanked out from Comcast after several years... I don't think a team would want to enter that scenario.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Samantha said:

The Jazz are not in their circulation area. The Rockies are, but with Altitude still blanked out from Comcast after several years... I don't think a team would want to enter that scenario.

Altitude is available in Utah with Nuggets games blacked out.

altitude-service-regions-2.jpg

• 5 months later...
On 8/28/2023 at 12:52 PM, Georgie56 said:

And now that network has a new name and logo starting in October: SportsNet Pittsburgh.

Now it says in that article that it'll be carried on every cable, satellite and streaming provider, but that's not true. It won't be on DISH because they haven't carried AT&TSN for over a year now, and they don't carry any RSNs, including NESN. 

I apologize if this was already talked about in other sections of TVNT but according to The Denver Post reports are saying AT&T Sports Net Rocky Mountain may be shutting down at the end of the year. AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain shutting down, leaving Rockies broadcasts in limbo (denverpost.com)

Edited by Chase29
Date Correction

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Georgie56 said:

A trademark has been filed for the Rockets and Astros’ new RSN: Space City Home Network.

Space City Home Network doesn’t exactly convey a place to watch sports. The name’s giving… local version of HGTV.

At least rename it Space City SportsNet to drive home that the network is still the home of the Astros, the Rockets and other local teams.

Edited by T.L. Hughes
  • Like 2

RE the  Altitude/Rockies deal, the Montforts would be signing their own death warrants. The Rockies have chronically sucked because they refuse to invest in the team, although they'll spend so much money on the Coors Field. If they sign their rights with the Altitude (Kroenke Sports and Entertainment) the Waltons (of which the Kroenke family are members) will put pressure on the MLB to acquire the team. At that point, all Denver teams will be control by the Waltons.

Also, please keep in mind that the Waltons will be posturing soon too move Empower Field out to Aurora Colorado. Denver won't pay for a new one and the Waltons will want one.

Edited by ABC 7 Denver
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...