What is your favorite News Channel?

DirtyHarry

I was working in my office late yesterday and I had the CBS News Channel (formerly CBSN) streaming in the background. Except for the diversity propaganda they were pushing, I was surprised how watchable it was. 

I used to watch ABC a lot back in the David Brinkley days, but they are unbearable today. Then I used to watch Fox News a lot, but I don't have cable anymore and even though it's still comes through the wire, news with a neocon slant just doesn't interest me.

So I thought I'd ask you all who you like the best. I find myself tuning into CBS News the most and that kind of surprises me. I question some of their talent decisions, but I think they are the most balanced and watchable these days.

• Confused 1

I haven't watched news networks lately. They tend to get very repetitive and I don't have cable so they can be a nusiance to watch. If I'm really intrested in the news, I'll watch World News Tonight or local WNBC. The only news network I've watched consistently lately, much to my surprise, is Scripps News (formally Newsy). They tend to but pretty even handed with their coverage (unlike MSNBC or Fox News), and they are easy to access OTA. I also enjoyed CNN's Election Coverage, which was very focused on the numbers coming in, and not 6 people on a desk talking about how great things were going for Party X or Party Y. 

• Like 1

Thread closed. Literally a list thread as defined in the guidelines:

Content should encourage constructive discussion. - Threads that exist to list information (e.g. "Your Favorite Stations", "Favorite Anchors", "What Does Your Stations Legal ID Say", etc.), exist to function as a database of information (e.g. "Stations Using Hello News", "Stations that use Accuweather", "When does the morning news start", etc.) or exist to collect and catalog content (such as videos and screenshots) are heavily moderated and may be removed with no warning. If you wish to start a thread like this, please contact the site administration. Additionally, creating threads that have no real topic of discussion (such as a "general" thread about a particular company or station) is not allowed without permission from the administration.

• Thanks 4