WTVQ New logo

LexTVandRadio

12 hours ago, LexTVandRadio said:

Looks like WTVQ is rolling out a newer "modified" logo and bringing back the "On Your Side" slogan. I personally would've like to seen Newschannel brought back as well. 

TVQ.png

You NEVER include a slogan in your logo. Amateur hour.

Edited by ABC 7 Denver
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thought-Provoking 2

On 1/20/2023 at 6:00 PM, ColumbusNewsFan said:

Then tell WSYX that.... They been pretty damn successful doing that. A logo ain't going to make or break a news operation... Content however will make or break it.

Look at the title of this thread and consider how irrelevant your point is, falling directly under this topic.

Edited by ABC 7 Denver
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2023 at 8:50 AM, LexTVandRadio said:

Looks like WTVQ is rolling out a newer "modified" logo and bringing back the "On Your Side" slogan. I personally would've like to seen Newschannel brought back as well. 

TVQ.png

Where did you find this? Is this real?

I'm asking because can't find this supposed "new" logo ANYWHERE. It's not on WTVQ's website, any of their social media pages, nor their FCC public file. Not only that, but a reverse image search turns up nothing.

On 2/4/2023 at 6:03 AM, kfc513 said:

Where did you find this? Is this real?

I'm asking because can't find this supposed "new" logo ANYWHERE. It's not on WTVQ's website, any of their social media pages, nor their FCC public file. Not only that, but a reverse image search turns up nothing.

It's real.

They are running a Valentines Day promo on air on the their website and they are using the new logo there.  

You can see it here: https://www.wtvq.com/valentines-day-giveaway/#//

Also some coming up on ET shows. 

Who knows will it actually launch though.

image.thumb.png.3bd512f46c1133fc43919e84262a9257.png

image.thumb.png.beb90ccd79c0b1d3c78503cb8e120471.png

• Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 8:50 AM, LexTVandRadio said:

TVQ.png

This doesn’t look like ‘change’ to me. It still looks like an American parody news outlet from the mid-2000s, to be honest 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Myron Falwell said:

image.png.2c60f6c5bd09bd1e95e6efae73c379e8.png

Notice they had something different underneath the path in '85

image.thumb.png.9986bc47bbab3df619323f31f27ca92c.png

Station priorities at the time were not to change their slogans often. We're in different days. We don't lock in slogans to the logo because the slogans will change more quickly than the logo does.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

Notice they had something different underneath the path in '85

image.thumb.png.9986bc47bbab3df619323f31f27ca92c.png

Station priorities at the time were not to change their slogans often. We're in different days. We don't lock in slogans to the logo because the slogans will change more quickly than the logo does.

WJW’s used the “Cleveland’s Own” slogan continually since 1988.

In fact, there’s another station that we all know of which uses their (very) long-standing slogan in their logo:

image.png.ef4c174962f3d9b5920fe99bae2be769.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...