WISH-TV new opens

LTSC1980

3 hours ago, LTSC1980 said:

WISH-TV has new opens and new slogan, the opens are from RenderOn. 

Not just the opens are new, everything except the ticker and the bug are new. It’s a variation of the WJAX/WFOX package, which itself is a variation of both Scripps and KTRK.

2 hours ago, TheSpeedKing said:

The product is still OK for this market, but dang do these graphics suck. It just gives a weird response to “what decade are we in?”

Yeah, I agree. Being a San Diego native, it's giving me KFMB circa 1998, between the italicized 8 in a red box and the yellow accents.

5 hours ago, ttvn2000 said:

Everything just looks so….busy.  

It’s a regression from earlier graphics, particularly their 2015 look, which still looks good today.

Completely agree. The graphics don't look necessarily bad. They look alright.

But compared to the last two packages they had, it is a downgrade. I loved that 2015 look, and I agree with you that it still looks good today. 

• Like 2

I've withheld my thoughts on all of this for a bit but here is my 2 cents. All of this just seems unnecessary and a downgrade in all honesty, the graphics and set. The set looks incomplete and disjointed, I would expect this from a station like WPLG in the late 2000's trying to copy WSVN. And the graphics are also disjointed, messy, and hard to look at in the modern sense, again something you would expect from the late 2000's

• Like 2

My thoughts:

- Graphics are way too busy and jumbled.

- I HATE THE FONT.  And that goes for all of the Nexstar stations using this package as well. Nexstar should have taken away this look (or provided a transitional package) when they sold the station to Dujuan McCoy.

- WAY too much 3D.  I thought the 2015 look was the upgrade for a second and thought it looked a million times better.  Flat and simple is the new thing and not over-done, gratuitous 3D.  It's so 2009-Nexstar.

- The moire effect on the video desk is very jarring.  What's the point of having it if it's going to look like garbage?

Between the Nexstar and ex-Scripps looks being used on this station, it's like they went down to the Goodwill and bought themselves some used graphics packages and went to town trying to make it look unique.

Edited by tyrannical bastard
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/15/2023 at 4:34 PM, tyrannical bastard said:

- I HATE THE FONT.  And that goes for all of the Nexstar stations using this package as well. Nexstar should have taken away this look (or provided a transitional package) when they sold the station to Dujuan McCoy.

The font itself isn't bad, IMO. It just doesn't fit well with this package. It works with the package they just got rid of though. 

And as for Nexstar taking away this look, I agree. Either that or let the station keep the look because there really wasn't inherently wrong with it on WISH. Even if it was made for the station, but wasn't theirs to start with.

20 hours ago, Yankees4life said:

It is a freakshow graphic-wise. God only knows what they were thinking opting with that....

2 hours ago, NowBergen said:

The backgrounds and animations are actually distracting.  Why would a station do this?

Lol! I don't need to say it again. You can see it in the WSMV Name Change Again thread. Just look at who the Creative Service Director is https://www.linkedin.com/in/peggy-mcclelland-9080176/. 'Nuff said.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, kfc513 said:

Renderon put up a case study of the red/gold WJAX/WF- I mean, WISH graphics package: https://www.renderon.com/wish-tv

Remember, the only thing that's new is the open -- Even the montages for both looks are identical!

And the fact is that these graphics look like a recycle. Heck, even something you'd find on Envato Marketplace. I'm not badmouthing RenderOn. They did what they were contacted to do and at the price they were contracted to do it, but the high reflectivity of the graphics and the horizonal line sweeps is a last-decade troupe, started with the Scripps 2012 package.