TV's Awful Decline

DirtyHarry

1 hour ago, MediaZone4K said:

We haven't discussed award shows decline in this thread yet but the Primetime Emmys last night were actually good if anyone saw it! It was a well done retrospective of 75 years of tv with several cast reunions.

Here lies the problem/challenge however- One "good" show does not stop the trend that has driven viewers away en masse. The Swifties are still probably sour about the Golden Globes joke last week (I'm sick of it showing up in my newsfeed), half of America can't stand Hollywood's political opinions in their speeches (see Ricky Gervais' call out of that), oh, and ABC was showing a blowout football game at the same time. 

It's going to take a lot of time, effort, and consistency to make Americans care about awards shows again. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GodfreyGR said:

Here lies the problem/challenge however- One "good" show does not stop the trend that has driven viewers away en masse. The Swifties are still probably sour about the Golden Globes joke last week (I'm sick of it showing up in my newsfeed), half of America can't stand Hollywood's political opinions in their speeches (see Ricky Gervais' call out of that), oh, and ABC was showing a blowout football game at the same time. 

It's going to take a lot of time, effort, and consistency to make Americans care about awards shows again. 

I agree with your points. More award shows could stand to take a page from last night. It wasn't trashy like the VMA's and not overly political like the Oscars. It was just about celebrating the craft which is what award shows should be about. The cast reunions were a big part of that.

• Like 2

Why I like the music award shows like The Grammy's where it's all about the music and hardly anything about politics like The Globs & Oscars plus I don't watch any of the movies or TV shows that are up for noms why I don't watch them that much.

• Like 2